Volumio 3 Buster Beta for RPi

[Volumio 3.061 & Realtek 8192EU] Confirmation works after driver download and install

Hi

Tried the 3.061 image with Raspberry Pi 3, Suptronics X5000 DAC & Amp, USB Wifi dongle from TP-Link using Realtek 8192EU.
A. Doesn’t work out of the box
B. Work after performing the recommended action

sudo wget http://downloads.fars-robotics.net/wifi-drivers/install-wifi -O /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/install-wifi
sudo install-wifi

and restarting.
C. Just one question = would the driver be integrated in the future ? if not, would the same process (driver install) need to be done after each update?

Have a nice day.

1 Like

Support for RTL8192EU is already present as far as I know (at least I remember using it years ago, and it’s in the compatibility list). Strange, have you tried the dongle with Volumio 2 by any chance?

There are a number of wifi drivers missing in Volumio 3.0 for PI, see earlier posts and the corresponding reply from @ashthespy

any plans to add PIP3 so people who use hifiberry’s DSP can run “Dsptoolkit” , currently as soon as I install PIP3 the system gets unstable , 50% of the time it is not able to show system settings etc.
After I installed dsptoolkit the complete system just slows down where music is having 1sec+ jitter.
Only test I have not done is just opening SPI and see the result

Please post feature requests in the appropriate places.
There is no room for adding new features during the Volumio 3 beta testing. Our goal is to get this version as stable as possible with
the functionality that was planned for it.

V 3.063 rpi
Same issue present :
Userconfig.txt is not preserved. Is overwritten with default values during update process.

Hi

Partly replied by gkkpch already, as of today
a. no issue with Volumio 2, RTL8192EU based wifi dongles work out of the box.
b. it is not the case with the current beta of Volumio 3 (at least 051 and 061), the specific drivers have not been included (yet?)
yet, after sshing into the Volumio3, giving the command above & rebooting, it works.

Have a nice day

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: [NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin adventures on Buster betas

V 3.063 rpi
Same issue present :

• Userconfig.txt is not preserved. Is overwritten with default values during update process.
  • When scanning library from NAS, spinning wheel missing:
  • Airplay from Qobuz still crashed shairport in Volumio

Solved:

• Spotify plugin is working, get audio and MPD OLED (Cava) is working

AFAIK there is still an issue open with userconfig.txt, there was a fix but I’m not sure if it has been integrated, @ashthespy may know more.

Missing spinning wheel appears to be a general issues, same on x86

from usb scan has no issues but it could be new… in older versions of 3.xx scan worked on usb drive
i did not test via nas…

correct, i’m sure it will be done before we are finished with the beta

sorry, we do have issues. We have seen this on x86 (and obviously it is the same on RPi).
It will update, but often only when you press update or rescan in the sources menu.
It is not stable.
NAS should be ok.

i always use rescan in the source …that’s why i didn’t have it…

1 Like

This would be due to our DEBUG_IMGAE flag for the uart boot console. It creates a userconfig.txt during the rootfs creation hence wiping it during an update… I’m away from my dev machine, might take a while for me, but it should just be a matter of flipping that flag in pi.sh.

The open issue if my memory serves me right was the appending of this file one evey “firstboot”. But this wouldn’t have been triggered currently…

Finally figure out, if I just enable SPI system does not work.

Found one new issue (V3.0.63-rpi), when streaming from Qobuz.
If you skip back on a current playing song, MPD seems to keep stuck in it’s position.
It does handle correct when streaming the same album and track from the library.
Start:
{“status”:“play”,“position”:4,“title”:“Story Of Love”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498673”,“trackType”:"qobuz,“seek”:23348,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:null,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

After skipping back to the beginning:
{“status”:“play”,“position”:4,“title”:“Story Of Love”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498673”,“trackType”:"qobuz,“seek”:89120,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“2982 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

After stop/start:
It’s back to normal.
{“status”:“play”,“position”:4,“title”:“Story Of Love”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498673”,“trackType”:"qobuz”,“seek”:11598,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“2804 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

And then Volumio gets really confused and start to have it’s own opinion:
Even though the the previous song is still playing (Story of Love). Volumio just display the next song???

{“status”:“play”,“position”:5,“title”:“Let It Rain”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498674”,“trackType”:“qobuz”,“seek”:107561,“duration”:350,“samplerate”:"96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“2869 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“qobuz”}

Then Volumio realize it I guess…
(Song Let it rain is still playing…)
{“status”:“play”,“position”:6,“title”:“Let It Rain”,“artist”:“Bon Jovi”,“album”:“2020”,“albumart”:“https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/qa/u5/o846nc9fku5qa_600.jpg",“uri”:“qobuz://song/102498674”,“trackType”:"qobuz,“seek”:104081,“duration”:279,“samplerate”:“96 kHz”,“bitdepth”:“24 bit”,“channels”:2,“bitrate”:“3022 Kbps”,“random”:null,“repeat”:null,“repeatSingle”:false,“consume”:true,“volume”:100,“mute”:false,“disableVolumeControl”:true,“stream”:false,“updatedb”:false,“volatile”:false,“service”:“mpd”}

And after 15 seconds in the next song:

And now every new song starts at the beginning, but the position has an offset from the first skipping backwards.

Updated to last version and web radio is started from first press of play :slight_smile: on previous version I had to save options, to change radio. When it worked I had to wait 5 seconds until music was started.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: [NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin adventures on Buster betas

Trivial but needs changing:

Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -------------------------------------------
Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -----            Volumio2              ----
Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -------------------------------------------
Apr 16 07:59:17 volumiostudy volumio[3387]: info: -----          System startup          ----