Sound@home - Android App for multi rooms and other

@meunier: no it’s not possible :frowning:
@grocanar: maybe you are using ipv6 this should be the only case i tested as not working for autoconf. Otherwise let me know your configuration and connections detail at digx@hotmail.it.

However I’m working on a completely re-styled and faster version with also new feature…but this needs time and in this period I have very short time to code :frowning:

Bye

Keep up the good work Diego! Instead of relaxing we’re also on open source, lol!
Anyway, I’m at good point with new mpd… See you soon!

Hi digx,

It seems to be a pretty good job. Unfortunately I cannot use it as I’m an apple user.
Your soft is really the biggest think which miss to Volumio and in my case, Volumio is useless without multiroom control.
Well, all those words only to say that when you write “Any additional suggestion please write me here”

I only want to say that a way to use it like a web browser is really missing.

Thanks for the job you already did anyway, keep it up.

maybe it is worth to check out sourceforge.net/projects/mmpd/?source=navbar

I will check on the weekend whether this could be a solution for me to have MMPD control my Volumios in the rooms :slight_smile:
Since it is PHP based, it should be customizable and maybe included into the main Volumio to control the others…

Hi digx,

Thanks for this app, it’s great!!

I own several android devices (phone, nexus 7, nexus 10).
while on the nexus 7 device sound@home works as expected, on the others it will not :frowning:
especially the menu button in the right bottom corner is without any functionality -> no menubar is not appearing

best regards
Marvi

Hi Digx,

Any news from the app development ? :slight_smile: keep your good work !

Unfortunately I cannot use sound@home, it cannot find my volumio RPi and set the automatic configuration.

My 2 devices are Nexus 5 (4.4.2) and Nexus 7 (4.4.2), both running vanilla android.
My volumio is running perfectly, on fixed ip adress (WPA/WPA2 protected).

Any advices ?

Press and hold for manual configuration.

Sent fra min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Thanks ! Its works (and it rocks)

… and now i’m testing the app on my Moto G.

I looks like… Well, i think i will keep the words for that :smiley:

Is there any news about the UI? The web-applications looks great, and the system is better than MusicBox (I comming from that option), but it will be great with a new UI for the app, and as i can see, it looks like there will be som news soon - or?

Thanks for your great work! I really enjoy controlling my music with Volumio, but right now, i miss Spotify and a better UI for the mobile app :wink:

Best Regards.

On my Samsung Note 2 with Android 4.3, in manual configuration I cannot enter the room name, only the IP adress. On a Moto G (Android 4.4.2) neither works. On the Moto G, in automatic configuration I can enter room name, and the network is detected, but it won’t connect. On the Samsung I get “no device found”.

Hi Guys,
I took my holidays and I will spend part of them to finaliza new ver. 2.0 of Sound@home…I hope to release it for end of August so stay tuned and wait for your upgrade!..I didn’t forget you:)

Diego! What a good thing to see you here again!

Screenshot_2014-08-08-20-15-12.pngScreenshot_2014-08-08-20-30-28.jpgScreenshot_2014-08-08-20-14-47.png

Qualche assaggio della nuova UI

Screenshot_2014-08-08-20-30-45.pngScreenshot_2014-08-08-20-39-02.pngScreenshot_2014-08-08-20-31-04.jpg

Screenshot_2014-08-10-11-41-14.png

Screenshot_2014-08-21-11-46-40.jpg

…the new version 2.0 is really near the launch…development finalized…currently in testing phase :slight_smile:

Eh eh…you will see the new version in next days…before the end of the week…below the improvements thanks to all your suggestions:

• new UI supporting horiz. and vertic. orientation
  • automatic configuration improved…now it never fails
  • improvement of the code made the app faster
  • queue of the music is better managed with highliting the song under playing and clear all option
  • new playlist feature implemented
  • other to be discovered…:slight_smile:

Can you wait?

I can’t!!!

Now is available for you…just wait Google will made it available :wink:

Enjoy…