Sound@home - Android App for multi rooms and other

Got it! Trying it!

What do you think about new feature of Sound@home:

Giving possibility of reordering the music queue with drag & drop of the song inside the Queue list ?

Additional suggestions?

Hi digx!
Thanks you for the great job you did!
Even if it the Volumio forum, I want to speaj about your app here, because it is dedicated to Volumio !
I really like your app and please allow me to tell you some little bugs (I think ) I found :
I use it on a old motorola Xoom 32Gb (thanks to some developpers, itā€™s still up to date bye running android kitkat 4.4.4 (omnirom)

• So on main screen when playing a song, if I tap on the progress bar to go foward, that one is not updated even if the music go foward.
  • when displayed vertically the title of the album (underneath the photo) is horizontally cut by half (the bootom of the text is not displayed). see join picture.
  • when displayed horizontally, if I try to add a web radio or a folder, display is rotating vertically
    suggestion : the possibility of using a personnal picture for the room ( file selection).
  • from my old android phone (zte blade S running android 2.3.5) when I go to the playstore I only see the donazione link. So what is the minimum requierement ?
    That it for now !
    Screenshot_2014-10-11-15-03-50.jpg

Hi Balbuze!

thanks a lot for your comment and info shared.
Let me give you all the proper feedback:

1. on main screen when playing a song, if I tap on the progress bar to go foward, that one is not updated even if the music go foward:
    [digx]: I need to check this since sound strange for me, do you verify this in landscape or vertical mode

2. when displayed vertically the title of the album (underneath the photo) is horizontally cut by half (the bootom of the text is not displayed). see join picture:
    [digx]: you should be able to scroll the upper part with artwork to see also additional buttons. But consider mdpi and ldpi resultutions are not fully supported yet for large screens. Can you scroll this part?

3. when displayed horizontally, if I try to add a web radio or a folder, display is rotating vertically
    [digx] Yes this is as per design since to write such info (settings) we decided to implement only vertical UI since more useful for the users. Maybe in case of Tablets is better to keep Horizontal view?

4. minimum req: minSdkVersion=ā€œ11ā€

Please fell free to add any additional suggestion to improve OUR app :slight_smile:

Have a nice day

Hi All,
in the meantime new version 2.1 has been published with:

• New feature to re-order music queue using Drag & Drop
  • Fixing the highlighted current played song in the playlist when opening PLaylist section from any location
  • Other minor fixing

Enjoy!

Dear Digix
thank a lot for your answers.
Point 1 : this happen in vertical or horizontal
Your right for point 2, I can scroll and see the bottom and buttons :smiley:
point 3 : ok, itā€™s your choice but itā€™s true that is not really ergonomic having to rotate the tablet according to the page you are seeing.
point 4 : ok itā€™s because I canā€™t install it on my old phone :frowning: ā€¦nevermind, Christmas is coming :stuck_out_tongue:
I continu testingā€¦
bye

Dear Balbuze,
great feedbacks thanks.

About your suggestion (i missed in my first reading): suggestion : the possibility of using a personnal picture for the room ( file selection).

I was already working on it but it seems today I foun6d the proper solution to avoid slow down the app too muchā€¦maybe a new version 2.2 will be released soon with this feature :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Dear Guys,
just published the v. 2.2 with possibility of changing the picture of the rooms :slight_smile:
You can just perform long click on an already configured room to select your pictureā€¦separate pictures for horizontal and vertical modeā€¦

Enjoy!

Soon a new version to improve Database features an user experience with Album and Artists collection visualization addon.
ā€¦plus many fixes to improve the app speed and compatibility with mpd.
ā€¦

Hi digx!
I can see you are working hard ! :smiley:
If you allow I will suggest you some features I dā€™like to see. It will just suggestionsā€¦ But first I will test the arriving version !

Hi,
I just had some more spare time in this period :slight_smile:
This week it will finish :frowning:
Please suggest as many you canā€¦I always appreciate!

Have a nice day

Hi,

Ive tried Sound@Home (and volumio) almost over a year ago, i liked it but didnā€™t really used it.
Now Iā€™ve started to use them both again and what a progress has been made. This is especial visible in Sound@Home for me, it was one of the first releases when i first tried it. I now actually like the interface :smiley:

There is only one thing, i would say its a bug but its actually a feature. But its bugging me :wink:

Album art / Album covers. When Sound@Home canā€™t find the cover theres a pop-up about not being able to find it.
The trouble i had was that my phone (Xperia Z3) was locked with the app open and playing for a few hours. When I returned to look at my phone it took over 2 minutes before all the pop-ups were gone, i got way to many notificationsā€¦

Now when i use the app i close it completely and im not getting the notifications, but this shouldnā€™t be forced like thisā€¦

And just out of curiosity, where does the album art come from? does it get downloaded every single time a song plays? or is it cached on my phone?

(i hope you donā€™t track the tracks people listen to)

Hi MobeyDuck,
happy you come back using Sound@homeā€¦you are right we needed time to improve our app but considering all the effort needed and the fact that we made and continue to make it only for ā€œpassionā€ I think waiting some time more can be acceptable :wink:

Sure we donā€™t track anything! Absolutelyā€¦our job is made for free and we only like if you can give us your feedback/suggestion/bug reporting to improve our app togetehr with Volumio.
Having positive feedback on GooglePlay can make us proud like making a donation cna support our expenses; but we donā€™t care too much about that, our purpose is to see Volumio and Sound@Home grow together and make possible also a kind of Audio home automation to the people donā€™t want to spend much moneyā€¦

About the toast appearing: thanks for the note, I will try to fix it as soon as I can
The Albums are cached so they are not downloaded every time.

Have a nice dayā€¦and be patient for the new version will come soon with new features and improvements

Hi All,
it seems it took less time than expectedā€¦I just published new version of Sound@home v2.3 :slight_smile:

New Database features inserted like Albums and Artists lists
New Playlist features inserted to manage stored playlist (view/remove and also move single songs of playlist)
Fixed progress bar (now moved when clicked in a new song timeline position)
Additional fixes and code reviewā€¦

Enjoy and let me know your feedback as usualā€¦always appreciate your feedback

Hi digx,

I just tried the new version out. I must say itā€™s improved a lot since I last tried it! But I came across a problem:

From the help page it looks like there are supposed to be playback controls (forward, back, pause etc.) underneath the volume slider. But they are missing on my android (a Galaxy S2 running Cyanogenmod 10). So I cannot control the player well.

Apart from that itā€™s very good, much faster than using the webUI via a browser app and well laid out.

Hi adrianbaugh,
This sounds very strange.
Did you missed the buttons control in both vertical and horizontal mode?
Could you send me screenshots at digx@hotmail.it ?

Have a nice day

I hadnā€™t tried it with the phone in landscape orientation. The controls show up that way round, so itā€™s usable after all :slight_smile: It would be nice to have them there in portrait too though. Iā€™ve linked some screenshots; the portrait one wonā€™t scroll down any further.

Thanks,

Adrian.

Could you try to scroll down at the volume bar? as in a web-page, i think the buttons are falling of your screen.

For me the replay / random etc buttons are falling behind the volume bar and i can scroll down to see those buttons

Dear digx,
Iā€™m a new user of volumio from Taiwan.
The program you write is really easy and good to use,thanks!!

However, It seems tat the Sound@home cannot display Chinese and Japanese :unamused: :unamused:
All the folders display like this

And all the files under these folders also cannot be foundā€¦

May I expect that you can update the program and fix the Problem??
Thanks!!

Sincerely,
gamephate

@MobeyDuck: no, I thought of that as the volume slider seems to be in its own bit of the screen but scrolling anywhere in the bottom bit doesnā€™t do anything. :frowning: But I can get to the player controls in landscape mode so until it gets fixed thatā€™s what Iā€™ll do.

Following on from the previous post about Eastern scripts, I can confirm that I see a similar issue with some tracks I have by Chopin with French accents in the titles. At least for me the folder works and itā€™s only a few characters that are wrong. Hopefully it should be a fairly easy fix, just by switching to UTF8 encoding.