Sound@home - Android App for multi rooms and other

Hi again,

quite some time ago . . .
Look, I have a problem now with latest S@H.
I updated volumio finally on all my three Raspi-boxes. So far so good. After reinstalling S@H I can configure the app, setup the players ( rooms )
… and then I can only access the first room I configured, it always falls back to it.

I observed something strange: after I deinstalled the app and installed it again, it came up with an old configuration.

Since I was not able to use S@H on my 1.55 Volumios I used M.A.L.P in between to control the boxes . . .

cheers
T

Hi Torsten,
nice to see you back.
to check your issue could you please let me know if you used manual or automatic configuration?
Could you please let me know if you power off the 1st volumio device related to first room configuration, can you access room2 and volumio device 2?

bye,

Hi,
I always use manual configuration . . . powering off the first device leads into an error message saying " device unreachable . . . "

Operating any other device is impossible . . .

cheers
T

Hi Torsten,
so do you mean:

1. configure both Volumio devices manually with 2 different IP on 2 different room
  2. you can access device1 configured in room1
  3. you cannot access device2 configured in room2
  4. you power off device1
  5. you still cannot access device2 in room2

Am I right?

Hi again,
yes, that is right.
cheers
T

Hi Torsten,
it seems room2 is wrongly configured with wrong IP address or the device of room2 changed the IP address after you configured on Sound@home room2.

Could you please just confirm me the IP address you configured on room2 is still the same IP used from device 2?

Thanks,

Hi,

yes I have actually three rooms ( devices) all manually configured with a DHCP-static IP address, the devices always get the same IP.
cheers
T

and in addition, when I try to reach a device at least something happens there.
I can see log events on each device (with journalctl -f ). . . .but S@H always falls back to the first device/room

Hi Torsten,
thanks so much for all the info you are providing me.
In order to find the root cause (maybe I found it) could you please let me know if you are playing some contents on other devices while trying to access to room2?

My hypothesis is that the bandwidth is occupied by the music streaming and so the room2 connection takes more time (I need to change the timer before to consider the device2 unreachable).

Thanks in advance

Hi,
no, none of the devices is playing. Anyway I cannot guarantee that WLAN is not busy with something . . . but I can access the devices with e.g. M.A.L.P or even other less comfortable apps.
cheers
T

Hi Torsten,
seems I found the issue and it is related to 3 Room configuration.
Could you please try to use 4 Rooms Configuration and configure only the first 3?

Let me know if this solve temporarily your issue.

Thanks

Hi

Is it somehow possible to add an Android device as room/speaker/playback device?
Or do I indeed need a RaspberryPi in every location where I want to have a sound output?
That would be a bit expensive and I already have plenty of spare Android devices…
I understood it in the beginning that I just need one VolumioOS as server and then would be able to use my Android Sticks/Smarthones/Boxes for multiroom audio playback. Now I bought already one Raspberry and am afraid that I really need 5 of them to have finally my multiroom setup?

And is it possible to have lets say 3 bluetooth-sticks in the raspberry and connect them to 3 different bluetooth speakers at the same time to have 4 (additionally the 3,5mm jack) simultaneous outputs on that “room” (would be outside)?

Hope for answers
Peter

Hi again,

I tried it . . . . setting it to four rooms and configured the first three only . . . same problem only the first device is reachable

cheers
T

Hi

I am also seeing this issue of not being able to change room/player, only two players in my network though.

However…
I have two Pi’s, one named Biblioteket (library) and the other named Altanen (back porch).
Whichever I configure first will be on top of the list, manual configuration
If I select the second player the screen will flicker real short with the content playing on the second and then go back to the first

If I then press back on my android device (I have tested this with a Samsung Mini 5 and a Meizu M3) I will get the screen for the second player, the buttons work, I can change music, access playlist etc BUT the top menu row still shows the first player as selected…!

/Jörgen

Hi,

I am also having the same problem

• have manually configured 3no. volumio devices running v2.175 and sound@home v4.3 only lets you select one device. When you try and select another, the screen momentarily flashes, and it returns to the same device without changing…

Thanks for developing this software, much appreciated.

Thanks,

The plot thickens :slight_smile:

Did some more testing of this today and this is my findings… I have 2 Pi’s with the latest Volumio, both already configured so I add them manually.

Configure S@H manually for two units, well that’s decribed above

Set S@H for three or more units, basically the same as above EXCEPT if I leave the FIRST slot unconfigured!
Leaving the first slot empty let’s me choose player from the start screen without any problem!

However in this config I get some other strange things happening when I use the dropdown menu to change room, I’ll try to be clear but I might fail. Remember that slot 1 is empty

Select #2 from start screen, dropdown meny does nothing at all, not even the flicker seen before.

Select #3 from start screen, dropdown menu shows the name of #2, player screen shows the content and controls for #3.
Selecting #2 from dropdown does nothing, select #3 and both player and menu changes to #2!

Feels like a pointer that starting on 1 instead of 0 or viceversa somewhere

/Jörgen

Hi again,
any ideas ? At least I still have the same problem.
S@H always claims “device not reachable” for the second ( and up) configured device(s)
cheers
Torsten

Hi All,
after long time new version 4.4 has been released on Google Play.
Fixed some issues due to some incompatibility with new version of Volumio and new version of Android.

Enjoy the new Sound@home with also “Alarm” feature added.

Have a nice day!

and now…support to the Youtube plugin is in progress :slight_smile:

Hi All,
finally new Sound@home v4.8 is online!

Support to Youtube plugin and a lot of new improvements!

Try it and let me know any issue or suggestion…

enjoy and have nice evening