Sound@home - Android App for multi rooms and other

Hi Digx

Something for you to work with today :smiley:

Ok ?
Error.png
Cpu.png

Hi SonosKiller,
it seems from the first picture that the Volumio device sk3 is not reachable from the app.
did you tried using only sk3 powering off others device if it works and it is reachable?

My suggestion is to use automatic configuration to be sure app can communicate and fix ip on both volumio and app.

Please let me know your feedback

Hi Digx

The message comes and goes , during the seconds the message is gone I can control the device with start/stop buttons etc. , when it’s shown it hides the buttons for play/stop but other functions is working (I can change channel / song in the queue function etc.)

All devices is working at all times and accessible throug the web interface on phone and Pc

To be sure , I will restart all devices tonight and try

Just a note my Rpi with 2.114 works without the message , it’s when I work with devices with 2.12X the message comes (The web UI functions/control is a bit messed up in those versions !)

Hi SonosKileer,
is this message popup appears only on the PLayer screen or also when you are on other screen of the APP (example: Playlist or Database)?

Thanks,

No No
When it shows up it’s always on the screen at the bottom , hiding the play/stop button, even if I minimize Sound@ it’s still on the screen , it disappears when I close Sound@ (The message can sometimes disappear for a second or two)

If I start Sound@ everything is ok when i’m in the room with volumio 2.114 then if I enter one of the rooms with (in my chase) volumio 2.12X installed I get the message. The app is working and I can use the upper left icon and reach the queue etc., I can even use the play/stop button if I manage to hit them during the seconds the message is gone.

My theory is that this has somthing to do with volumio ver 2.121 -> , had this problem with only one of three device at the begining after upgrading one of the others the problem occur on that to

Message inside and outside Sound@
Error2.png

Hi mate , sorry but gui is still same as posted.

Hi SonosKiller,
where have you installed Volumio v 2.121? pc?
I think there is some firewall is not permitting to ping the device with v2.121 so the popup appears.
Could you please check about this?

@Jeffery: I will try to fix it but I found this Samsung tablet is reporting wrong info to the Apps and fix this could broke other devices. However I will try to find a solution.

thanks both for your feedbacks

Hi Digx

Rpi ver 2.114 works fine with no message

x86 ver 2.124 (Booting on a Usb stick in an old laptop)
Rpi ver 2.129

From my computer and the working Rpi I can ping the other devices (x86 ver 2.124 and Rpi ver 2.129)

How do I ping from Android ? :confused:

BTW Digx ! If you think this has something to do with my equipment or my old phone just leave it and concentrate on something more useful ! I will survive ! will try another phone during the weekend
:smiley:

Hi Digx
Have done some tests today , unfortunately I haven’t had any success :cry:
Tried with a clean install on the phone and just a single Volumio on the network, name and smb share = “Volumio” , disabled wireless and connected by wire with Dhcp
The auto.config didn’t found anything!
Restored all Volumios and installed them manually and I still get the message and on all devices (probably nothing to do with Volumio versions then)

Also tried to ping from the phone to all devices and that worked fine

Hi Digx

Have to revise my reply above !

Had two Volumios running yesterday ! and the second one had funny network values when I checked today. :confused:

Hi digx.
I’m using Sound@home, V4.2, on a Google Pixel C tablet running Android 7.1.1 and, I think, that since updating to V4.2 the “Consume Playlist” function has stopped working. Volumio V2 is running on a RPi 1 B and the function has previously been working. The bin symbol on the “Playing” screen is highlighted but the playlist does not get consumed. Any ideas why it might have stopped working ?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi rc10b,
did you tried with latest Volumio version on raspberry? It seems a Volumio issue.
If also on late version you have same issue and also using web interface we can inform Michelangelo.

bye!

Hi digx,

I think I’m still on Volumio V2.001, I haven’t knowingly upgraded. Can you tell me how I can see what Volumio version I am using ?

TIA

Hi digx,

It’s OK I found it, I am on V2.001, I’ll try the update and le you now if consume now works.

I’ve upgraded Volumio to V2.129 and checked the “Consume” function, using four tracks, and it is not working, and when the last track had finished it started to play the queue again, even though I had not enabled the Repeat mode. This happened in both Sound@home and in the web gui.

Also, after the upgrade, I can no longer use ssh to log into my RasPi. I assume I might need to connect a keyboard/mouse/monitor to re-enable ssh on RasPi ?

Hi digx,
I’ve had to flash my SD card with a backup image of Volumio V2.001 because of the ssh issue with the latest versions. Deleting user data as a possible cure was not an option. I’ll just have to live with the non functioning “Consume” issue until there is a proper fix for the ssh issue.

Hi All,
new version of sound@home 4.3 has been published!

News on v4.3:

• Playlist section improvement with auto changing of playing song
  • CPU load improvements
  • Volumio info added in settings
  • Improvements on widget section
  • Improvements speed for Artists page load

Enjoy!

@rc10b: the consume issue is a Volumio issue since it is not working also with webUI. I will open an issue to Volumio developers :wink:

Hi rc10b,
I just con confirmation that “consume” option has been removed from Volumio:
github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/1119

“We removed consume mode, since it was too unreliable…”

I’m sorry for this but this is a decision from “Volumio” team and they have for sure good reason for this.

Have a nice day!

Hi digx,

Thanks for your feedback, it’s much appreciated.
Keep up the good work with your sound@home App.

Steve.

Hi All,
is there someone would like to support translation of Sound@home in additional language (more than just English, Italian, French and German language)?

Thanks in advance!