New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

I am now trying the new plugin, and there’s a couple of things that are not quite right, but one definite bug that came up immediately.

• I play something from spotify using volumio interface
  • Then use my mobile/desktop app to control from then on
  • Pressing pause on spotify app causes it to play the next song in the playlist

Logfile: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/9VMDy3q.html

1 Like

When I try and install the Spotify plugin, I get this error. It’s saying there is no space left on the device but that seems very unlikely?

Seems like you have shutdown the rPi, by just pulling the power plug. Leaving a ghost file in your /data/temp folder.
you can try to delete the content of /data/temp via the shell.

run:

sudo rm -r /data/temp/*

i never bothered if there is an update feature for plugins or at least a notification when there’s an update available?

if there is an updated plugin, the plugin page shows a button with “Update”

1 Like

awesome tx.

Hi mms,
sry, was knocked out by corona the last days. Workaround is strange but it seems to work :slight_smile:
thx!

Mike

Fresh install on a RPI 3b, premium account, Hifiberry Digi hat! Plugin install went well. Everything looks fine, but no sound, no music even starts to play!
I also have miniDSP OEM version! There is no new Spotify version available on the OEM, only the old plugins that stopped working!

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/K4XWGPi.html

1 Like

Hi all,

First of all just wanted to thanks to Volumio community and all the people contributing for the plug in and for Volumio in general.

So I’m using a rpbi3 with a Hifiberry DAC+ and volumio system version 3.301, I have just installed the spotify plug in Spotify 3.0.1;

• When pressing the ‘Open or Install Spotify’ a blank page appears on my browser and nothing else happens.
  • When trying to log in, nothing happens as well, I’ve tried both options ‘Spotify login’ and ‘Save’.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/nT6eRU9.html

Could someone help ? Thanks a lot

Thank you, all good now the Plugin has loaded and is working.

One thing that seems to have changed is, when I was using the previous spotify plugins I found that things worked much better if I opened Spotify on my phone, and then used the Spotify “Connect to a device” feature and then played music to Volumio using the Spotify App.

For some reason the Spotify App can no longer see Volumio so I cannot connect to it, is this related to the change or is there another issue?

1 Like

using new plugin still cannot browser spotify in volumio

1 Like

Great plugin and thanks.

Using new spotify plugin: skipping songs and can’t stop the player from the spotify app.

Hello all,

I finally got it. I was using the wrong credentials to log into the plug in. I mean when that’s the case I was expecting a error message or something like that but no, simply nothing happens, after several attemps and unnistalls/installs of the plug in, I went to the web player in spotify to check my credentials (username and password) and now I can do it.

The sound quality is much better than to play over the app.

Thanks!

I would like to donate a small amount, how is this possible ? Thanks

Hello to All

Host: Raspberry PI4
Volumio 3.301 Virtuoso membership
DAC: Hifiberry DAC+ RCA
Hw audio configured: HiFiBerry DAC Plus
Mixer type: Hardware
Number of channels: 2
Supported sample rate: 44100 48000 88200 96000 176400 192000

Spotify Premium - familiy contract
I installes the plugin as described in this thread

Problem:
No playback from spotiy tracks. It looks like playback of the selected song isn’t started al all.
No sound

I can browse through spotify and select a song.
When i start playing the song nothing happens/no sound!
I double checked Volumio:

• Playing tracks from my qnap nas: no problem
  • Listing to webreadio: no problem
    rebooted the system several times: problem still exists
    switch off/switch on system: problem still exists

Starting a debug session in putty: volumio@volumio:~$ sudo journalctl -f

Jul 01 06:47:24 volumio volumio[888]: info: CoreStateMachine::startPlaybackTimer
Jul 01 06:47:24 volumio volumio[888]: info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 8
Jul 01 06:47:24 volumio volumio[888]: info: [1656658044268] ControllerSpotify::clearAddPlayTrack
Jul 01 06:47:24 volumio volumio[888]: info: Setting this device active
Jul 01 06:47:24 volumio volumio[888]: info: Failed to Set Device Active: Error: Not Found
Jul 01 06:47:32 volumio volumio[888]: info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetState
Jul 01 06:47:32 volumio volumio[888]: info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 8
Jul 01 06:47:32 volumio volumio[888]: info: Listing playlists
Jul 01 06:47:32 volumio volumio[888]: info: Listing playlists
Jul 01 06:47:42 volumio volumio[888]: info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioGetState
Jul 01 06:47:42 volumio volumio[888]: info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 8

Look at the line : Failed to Set Device Active: Error: Not Found

Is this an error?
Am I doing something wrong?

Does it require Spotify Premium for playing music directly on Volumio device?

Yes

Just a heads up for anyone else, if you’re having trouble connecting to Spotify double check to make sure that the name of your volumio device does not have a ’ character in the name. You can check your device’s name by going into Settings → System → Player Name (which should be near the top)

My volumio had a the name “saladtrayend’s volumio” which caused all attempts to log in to Spotify to fail. When I would click the sign-on button in the plugin screen the top right would have the “successful changes” green popup which would fade without actually logging me in.

My /dev/ logs also showed the following error which I’m pasting in case anyone else tries searching for the name error

volspotconnect.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
volspotconnect.service: Service RestartSec=2s expired, scheduling restart.

Same here, spotify premium account, logs in, can browse and put music in the queue, just no playback. Also the seconds are not adding so i think playback is not started…

It works almost always for me, the problem occurs only when I press stop and try to restart the seng after a while (an hour for example) I get an error. But clicking next song fixes it, so not a huge problem.

2 Likes