This is no longer relevant, as we just released this plugin in the store.
This means that we removed the old spotify and volspotconnect plugins, and there is just one single plugin.
So, from now on, we will have a single plugin to have the best Spotify experience in Volumio.
Thanks a lot to everyone which participated in this beta test, this would not have been possible without your precious feedback.
Dear Volumioners, due to a recent change in Spotify, the old Volumio Spotify plugin stopped working.
Urged by the community, Volumio Team decided to roll up its sleeves and code a newer, better Spotify plugin.
What this new plugin brings:
- Spotify Connect Functionality (play Spotify to Volumio from your Spotify App)
- Spotify Browsing directly in Volumio
- Better Volume Control
- Volumio’s excellent Sound quality
Before releasing this plugin to ALL Volumio users, we want to make sure it’s working 100% and does not have any evident issue. So this is why we are organizing this open beta testing: we want to see what issues occur and fixt them before releasing to the overall community.
So, if you want to help, If you encounter problems, bugs, inconsistencies report them to us. Remember to include the following informations:
- Which device
- Which version
- DAC, Wireless Connection or Wired
- Type of account
- What is the problem (be as accurate as possible especially on how to replicate it) and what is the behaviour
- Possibly, send a log just after the problem occurs and paste the link here. See: How to send a log link for a bug report?
How to beta test:
- Uninstall both Spotify and Spotify Connect Plugin
- Restart your device
- Enable SSH (see How do I enable ssh connection? ) (username: volumio, password: volumio)
git clone https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins-sources.git --depth=1 cd volumio-plugins-sources/spotify/ volumio plugin install
(type y and press enter to install)
- Go to plugins, enable the Spotify Plugin
- From now on, you can play via the Spotify App
- If you want to browse your playlists, track etc from Volumio, click on Settings and add your credentials
If you want to show appreciation for the work we’ve put into this plugin (and Volumio in general) please consider subscribing to our premium plan. Not only you show us that you canre, but you get a lot of awesome features that you can use with spotify (for example multiroom synced playback from Spotify Connect, and nice metadata showing on the manifest UI)