MyVolumio Feedbacks

I can confirm that.
See myvolumio-bug-reports-t10228-60.html#p52226
I also noticed that although there had been a new version of MyVolumio, I had to flash the sd-card again.
When trying to update the device, came the message it was the latest version, which was not true.

regards
rost21A

Hello
Small suggestion: (not a must …)
If I let music play and e.g. If you select another album or a radio station, the new selection will be added to the existing playlist. I think it’s very good that this function exists.
But from my point of view it is better, if by default when selecting new music or radio stations the existing playlist is replaced and the attachment to the existing list is optionally available.

regards
rost21A

Dear Volumio developpers,

Thanks a lot for this nice system, and special thanks for the Qobuz integration I’ve been eagerly waiting for.

I’m happy to give some feedback after a few days of use.

Configuration

• volumio 1.01802018-07-29 on rasp Pi 3B
  • Myvolumio virtuoso account
  • Qobuz Sublime account
  • Sound quality setting in the My Music/Qobuz dropbox: FLAC Hi-Res 24 bit up to 192kHz
  • ethernet connection

No difficulties to install. I have a JustBoom Digi hat, so no I2S DAC. I kept it to off (contrary to myvolumio-feedbacks-t10229-60.html#p51937), but had to boot a second time (after the wizard configuration) to have the Justboom output selection recorded.

Streaming from Qobuz in CD quality works perfectly (the Qobuz Sublime subscription does not allow for better quality streaming, except for purchased tracks/albums).

I was happy to notice I was not the only one to experience difficulties to find the Qobuz login interface! (See myvolumio-feedbacks-t10229-50.html#p51829) I was looking in the plugins/music services! :smiley:

Bugs:

• Qobuz/My Purchases/Albums (correctly) lists 2 albums. I can browse and play one of them, but not the second one. When I try to browse it, I get a mostly empty window containing 0:0 and the play arrow, but nothing else. Compared to the other album in the list, this one contains several CDs and is Hi-Res (24 bits 44.1kHz, play.qobuz.com/album/0060254700323). I don’t know if either of these could be a reason why browsing and playing fail.

Wishes:

• improve Qobuz search (already mentionned in the thread, so I don’t elaborate. I must say I think Qobuz search in Qobuz interfaces (web and app) could also be largely improved!)
  • fetch additional answers when scrolling (pretty much the same as in the Qobuz web interface)
  • have local Qobuz music that can be played off-line

Great work, thanks again.

(I forgot this feedback in my previous post.)

Because the addition of the shared samba volume of my NAS failed, I had to look into volumio log file in order to see that I should add the vers=1.0 option (for the mount command, I guess).

It is the first time I have to do this (I may not have updated volumio to the very last versions before this one, though).

Guys, thank you so much for your great partecipation. All those feedbacks are really precious.
We’re now back to work and you can expect a new release in few days with lot of fixes

Thanks again

Hello
Sometimes a Klax sound is heard when you zap from one piece of music to another.
It does not always happen.
Are there others who have observed this?

I use the Allo Boss DAC on a Raspberry Pi II.

regards
rost21A

I have just upgraded from Volumio to MyVolumio. Configuration…

• MyVolumio 1.018
  • Raspberry Pi 3
  • Allo DigiOne
  • MyVolumio Virtuoso
  • Spotify Premium
  • Qobuz HiFi (on trial)
  • 60Mbps 4G internet on BT

I had some trouble getting Qobuz to work at first, it turned out to be bad BT DNS. I switched to Google DNS and all is now working.

I’m comparing Qobuz with Spotify and miss the huge catalogue of Spotty. Sound quality wise, there is little to no difference, I’ve always found Spotify to sound excellent on High Quality and it loses very little to 16/44 FLAC streaming. Local hi-res files also play and sound extremely good.

One issue was that the initial setup dialogue in MyVolumio didn’t appear until the second restart!
I also have a few occurrences of the wait-wheel which usually clears itself if I wait long enough.

Many thanks for the excellent development work!

Thanks Martin!

PS: Make sure you select high quality in Qobuz, in my main gear I clearly hear the SQ difference between spotify and QOBUZ on Hi RES Material.
Plus, I really really love the editorial content of QOBUZ, it’s become my main sources of interesting music discoveries.

We’re working hard to finalize the issue list you guys reported, we’re about 80% now, hopefully a new MyVolumio release is due for this weekend\next week.

Hello
I’m really excited about Volumio and especially MyVolumio !!!
Most of it is very good, I have described bugs that have struck me at the appropriate place.

Here is a small suggestion for improvement:

Only cosmetic - not at all urgent!
The gray transparent background on which the currently playing piece of music is displayed is not always the same size due to the different length of the title lyrics. As a result, the album cover is not always in the same place and the lines are sometimes a bit fragmented. Would it make sense to provide a frame of sufficient size and a transparent (or selectable) background that is always the same size and places the text in the center?
(maybe reduce the text size of the track a bit)

So the cover could always be in the same position.

regards
rost21A

Hello
I’m really excited about Volumio and especially MyVolumio !!!
Most of it is very good, I have described bugs that have struck me at the appropriate place.

Here is a small suggestion for improvement:
Only practical - not at all urgent!
When an album, track, or radio station is tapped, it is added to the queue and played. Thus, the queue is getting bigger. Would it make sense to replace the queue with the selected music by default and to offer the optional addition?

Maybe there are better suggestions than mine.

regards
rost21A

Replace by default is maybe not the best wishes behaviour. But if you click on the three little dot on right side when you browse your music, you can select “clear and play”. It erases the queue and plays the track or album. I’ll add more instructions in the help menu.

Many thanks for your expensive work !!!
Yes, I know these three points and I appreciate them too :wink:
It was just a small thought.
Basically, I’m really happy with Volumio or better with MyVolumio and Superstar! :smiley:

The sound is fantastic!

regards
rost21A

:smiley:
Carry on giving suggestions and improvements! A great community gives a great product! :wink:

Guys, a new release is out.
Many many thanks to all contributing (rost, you’re really a superstar!!!). You’re helping us a lot to improve and make MyVolumio perfect.
This is what we did in the latest release:

Add favourites on TIDAL
Highest quality setting on TIDAL and QOBUZ
Better album info for TIDAL
Fixed track playback on QOBUZ search
OTA Updates are now available for myvolumio builds

The music streaming part is now almost over, if you encounter other issues as well, let us know!

This week we’ll start adding 2 new features:

• Remote playback capabilities
  • CD Playback and ripping support

What do you guys think? Is there something that comes to your mind for us to add ?

Hello
I am not sure if I repeat myself … please excuse me …
For Streaming Services - The Gappless Playback does not work yet.
But you probably have that on your list.
When I play my FLACs gapples works fine.
When I hear Qobuz, there is always a break between the tracks. (Live albums)

regards
rost21A

Thanks for this new release.

Regarding new features, I would consider that a better search for Qobuz (did not try for Tidal) has a higher priority than remote playback capabilities or CD playback and ripping support .

As far as I can tell, search is only performed on author names. On the long term, I don’t think it’s usable.

What about several search fields by albums or tracks as well, as the Qobuz API seems to offer (https://github.com/Qobuz/api-documentation/blob/master/endpoints/album/search.md, https://github.com/Qobuz/api-documentation/blob/master/endpoints/track/search.md)?

Regarding playing purchased albums, I still have the problem I mentioned in myvolumio-feedbacks-t10229-80.html#p52486. I will investigate a little bit more since I discovered a similar problem when browsing the music on my NAS (accessing the album through artists works, while accessing it through genre does not). Is there any log file I can check somewhere?

By the way, in order to activate the virtual keyboard on a 7’’ rasp touchscreen, is it necessary to change the window manager (as described here, for instance virtual-keyboard-kiosk-mode-t4995.html#p26188)?

Many thanks.

i think it would be nice, to connect myvolumio to soundizz .com
to convert my existing volumio playlists to qobuz, tidal, etc.

Hi guys,

Did you consider to have the option to purchase the service 1Yr OR 2Yrs in advanced with some nice discount ?

cheers
Martin

Hello,

I have a subscription to MyVolumio and to Qobuz (16 bit, 44kHz resolution files). Just downloaded the latest update to MyVolumio and one feature is driving me crazy. When I try to stream an album via Qobuz, the first track plays without problems, but then all other tracks are switched to high-res automatically and only the first 30 seconds is played. How do I listen to ALL tracks, without interruption, in 16 bit, 44 kHz quality? I don’t see any setting I can change to make this happen…

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Martin

Awesome… Why is Katana not supported?