Logitec Media Server plugin for Volumio

Hi Saiyato,
I have upgraded to Volumio3.But No plugins to install LMS and squeeze Player.
Please share link to Install the same on Volumio3.163.
Thanks in advance and seasons Greetings

+1 for hoping there will be an updated LMS plug-in for Volumio 3 shortly or I’ll have to revert back to version 2.

Or at least some guidance on how to install it…

1 Like

+1. Also LMS compatibility was a big reason for purchasing my Primo, it would be nice to finally have it working.

1 Like

That’s why I haven’t upgraded, I think I’m going to stay with version 2 as long as it is supported. And if LMS never gets to volumio 3, I’ll change to another OS. Volumio 2 is terrible for playing random music. I hope they have fixed that in Volumio 3. But if they don’t and I don’t have LMS, then it is no use to me.

I went back to version 2 for the time being. I’m in the UK and listen to BBC Sounds a lot via the LMS plug-in.

1 Like

Hi people,

Do to personal circumstances I haven’t been very active. I will look at the plugin, like RIGHT NOW :wink:
Just pushed some of my other plugins to the acceptance queue (well, at least I created PR’s to the repo).

So, a few things need to happen:

1. Make sure the plugin actually works on Volumio 3 (thank you captain obvious)
  2. See if we can safely upgrade to the latest LMS, not sure if I can devise some logic to always pull the latest… This is step two, first check if my previous version installs without breaking too much :smiley:
  3. Push all changes that result from the above to acceptance queue for Volumio 3 plugins

Ok, there we go!

I just pushed some changes upstream, also added PR’s for the official Volumio store :smiley: yay!

SqueezeLite player:

LMS:

Both version are available from their respective Github repo’s, but in time will also be made available in the official store. :wink:

Happy testing! Please report bugs on GitHub, that makes it easier for me to keep track of issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.
These days I use Volumio for the first time since a long time, may be I’m wrong but before LMS and squeezelite was proposed directly in the plugin management, isn’t it ? I still see the installer in the Plugins repo , it should be a standard option :thinking:

Anyway, I’ve just tried your new version of Squeezelite Player, it works immediately in volumio 3, thanks for that !

I’ve made some observations :

• Squeezelite doesn’t display the current cover in volumio.
  • The sound of Squeezelite is managed separetly from Volumio main volume.
  • playing something from another source will not stop Squeezelite

In fact it is like if Squeezelite was an independent player in background of volumio without communication integration, is it normal or I miss something ?

Hi,

That’s absolutely correct, the Logitech ecosystem is disparate from the Volumio one. Full integration will probably require some rework on the Squeezelite end. It’s able to display (and control) music playback. However, if no one created a Volumio-adapter, this will be required first. Then it could function like the other services.

As for volume, also a correct observation, as Volumio controls ALSA and the slimproto has its own “gain” if you will. They are bound to be out-of-sync I fear. Not sure what the volspotconnect developed did with the Spotify volume control, but it’s comparable.

A little bit of context; I did write the plugin, but it’s a very basic one, which just makes playback possible (and pulls the correct binaries) :upside_down_face: and since I don’t really use it myself, debugging is very very very time consuming tbh

1 Like

Thank you for the answer, it seems incredible to me that Volumio doesn’t have a native implementation of Squeezelite :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

These days I use Spotify Connect most of time…
But I still surprised because LMS + Material Skin + Squeezelite can do so much for audio DIY enthusiasts ! Modern Web UI, Airplay, Spotify Connect, upnp, multiroon , local library, radios, …

In any case thank you for the work on this plugin, even it’s not fully integrated, it still very useful !

1 Like

I starting using this great plugin in my system and I’m very happy to can use Volumio with LMS but I couldn’t play DSD in this integration. In volumio DSD playbacks go normally. I’m missing something here, some tip?

I believe there’s a plugin for DSDplayer?

The sqeezelite plugin doesn’t save the settings. the file /data/configuration/music_service/squeezelite/config.json stays as is. I can manually edit the file, but when it comes to the audio, no clue what to fill in. The standard setting causes “Unable to open…ALSA”
errors for volumio and through LMS the audio stutters.
Using one of the other Volumio rPi’s it’s working as expected.

Currently experimenting to use LMS as remote library with Volumio as end-point. Seems to work great.

@Wheaten
@Saiyato
Can you please write instructions on how to install on Volumio 3

please wait for the plugin to appear in the plugin section.

The plugin is now available on the plugin store in beta mode (to be enabled on http://{yourvolumio.local/dev}). I was not able to test it, please provide feedback here.

Thanks! I haven’t updated to Volumio 3, and won’t do it, until LMS and Squezeelite are available and stable. That’s the only thing I use Volumio for.

LMS Plugin has been verified and corrected (thanks Sayiato for the quick correction!) and it’s now published and available.

Next, if someone is used to use squeezebox client, please contact us as we need help for testing it.

1 Like

Already mentioned it. The squeezelite plugin doesn’t store it’s settings.

Installed the LMS pluging as well as the squeezlite plugin from Volumio 3. But LMS not opening.
Kindly help. tried “sudo chown -R volumio:volumio /var/lib/squeezeboxserver”.
Restarting hte Volumio many times and still LMS not opening.
Please help