Logitec Media Server plugin for Volumio

Hi Dominique,

First start takes a few seconds, in the case of a Pi1 maybe even a minute.

Success!

After restarting, it works!

Great!

Dominique

This particular problem has been solved, I needed to reload the systemd unit. Latest version has an updated installation script.

Hello Saiyato, I installed the Logitech Media Server plugin, I can enter mylocalhost:9000 and see the LMS web console, I connect to my account but I do not see the Volumio Player.
I am doing something wrong?
Regard

Daniel

No, itā€™s just the ā€œnormalā€ LMS application. Iā€™d say your player can reach the server.

Hi Sayato

first of all, thank you for the LMS plugin for Volumio. It works like a charm into my system.
I am running Volumio having the entire music library into a 128GB card and it is stunning everything can be run from such a little box. Also multi-room synchronisation is amazing. I have been able to revamp my old Squeezebox Boom to be part of the family.

I like especially library management and the way LMS allows randomisation of playback, that is where I have always perceived limitations on Volumio UI approach. That is something to be sent to Michelangelo for suggestions for future Volumio features.

Now to the main question.
I have setup the LMS and Squeezelite to stream audio straight to my Topping D10 DAC in a way that seems compatible with bit-perfect playback. The setting is the one that ā€œdoes not process the audio streamā€ (I report this by heart since I have not Volumio at hand right now). Bitrate are switched reflecting the original media sampling frequency. Perfect.

Given the D10 allows for hardware 32 bit volume control, I would like to know if the volume control in the LMS UI allows for direct control of the hardware volume in the ESS chip - as it happens in Volumio or Daphile - or the stream is processed in software, that is something not ideal for me of course.

Thank you so much in advance for your kind reply.
Alessandro.

Hi Alessandro,

To be honest, Iā€™m not sure, my best guess would be that LMS would influence the volume and not the client. But I havenā€™t tested this :wink:

Iā€™m also not sure how I could test this, since Iā€™m not too familiar with the Squeezelite client. Iā€™ll see if I can test it with my Duet instead. That should answer the question if LMS is able to influence the volume of a client. Then we only need to confirm this for the Squeezelite client. :slight_smile:

Cheers

Thanks Sayato for your kind reply.

I have set hardware volume control since it is possible with my DAC.
By playing with Squeezelite and Volumio I see that both can control volume in a sort of ā€œconcatenationā€. So, if Volume is in hardware I think it is unlikely Squeeze can do the same, so it is likely a software processing. However it is possible to lock at 100% so this should prevent processing. Fine.

Now I have another question. For few days I have enjoyed the Volumio + LMS and Squeezelite a lot. I though to have found ā€œthe solutionā€ for my audio system butā€¦ now I am experiencing a playback problem. Sometimes playback of a track stops after few seconds.

After some investigation it seems this happens only with Apple MP4 media (mainly I have ALAC). FLACs are not effected.
I have tried an external LMS server using Squeezelite on Volumio as playhead but behaviour is the same. It is driving me crazy!

Hope you can have a suggestion to fix this, it is quite frustrating. :cry:

Thank you and best,
Alessandro

Hi Sayato

I see Logitech has released a new update of LMS (7.9.2 - 0).
Although not a massive enhancement in terms of features, do you have plans to release the update through Volumio plugin?

Thank you
Alessandro

Hi all. the youtube plug in on lms now doesnā€™t work. i can use the search bar correctly, but the file start for two second without any sound and stop. Is possible to fix. It now works for someone?

second how to update at 7.9.2 system or 8.0.0?

tnx , i have solved all.

i found a topic if somone have same problem please search topic ā€œparallel volumio lmsā€ on the forum and upgrade all at 7.9.3!

regard

Please inform how to update my LMS to Logitech Media Server is available (7.9.3 - 0).Currently when i open it shows to update the LMS and i manually updated using the
sudo dpkg -i /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates/logitechmediaserver_7.9.3_arm.deb
LMS browser.
Please help

I second that request, thereā€™s a new update today, that fixes TIDAL implementation, it doesnā€™t work right now.

How can we update to the newest version? Or are you updating the plug-in?

Thanks

Hi all,

Iā€™ve worked on these requests, not sure if I can automagically select the highest versions. To be continued :wink:

You can always just install the latest version over the existing one. This should not break anything :wink:

In any case, Iā€™m hoping to have some spare time to address this in the near future.

After installting the new updated. Not able to get the LMS.My LMS is 192.168.1.59:9000. But after installation of the new update ,LMS wont open .ANy option to restart the server and see ā€¦ I tried starting the Rasberry Pi and checked but still not able to login to LMS server

If you view the log you will see some rights errors. Try this sudo chown -R volumio:volumio /var/lib/squeezeboxserver

Thanks it worked .Now updated to LMS .7.9.3 .
But while playing YouTube music still the file skips after trying to play. It actually tires for 3 sec and then skips to another file. Like that it skips 90% of files tried from YouTube. Kindly help

Hi bud,

This sounds like a problem for the LMS community, I just created the plugin for easy installation :wink: I did find some issues related to YT on Google, but I donā€™t use it myself so I donā€™t know what is real and what is old

Thanks, so, how do I upgrade, uninstall and install? And itā€™s on version 8 now

Hi Pablo,

You will have to install the binaries yourself, the install script still targets 7.9; and V8 is not considered stable (but a developmental version). You are free to install it of course :wink:

Just make sure you ā€˜chownā€™ /var/lib/squeezeboxserver

1 Like