[Closed] Introducing Volumio 2

Yep, same here (model B). Kernel panic after unsuccessful mount of /mnt/ext

Sorry to say but to me this looks more like a very early alpha then a beta. But nice to see its out and it seems fast!

Same error here raspi 2.
But i really want to say thanks for sharing this.

N00bie here but really would like to see a cubox-i build

Guys which size are your SD Cards?

I have tried with 4GB and 8GB sd card, should i try 16GB?
Same kernel panic error.

Tried on 8GB Kingston and 8GB SanDisk, same problem.

I need to clear things up.
I was not successful with raspi b+, but when i used my raspi 2 volumio booted up.
Awesome.
So no issue of sd card, more a kernel v7 topic:-)
Sorry

Yep, see here github.com/volumio/Volumio2/issues/109

We’re investigating the issue…

Awesome system design. Hopefully release first quarter 2016.

Efforts to include USB control device drivers in Volumio 2 OS with app support to mpd control would be nice add-on too. Something like the Griffin USB Powermate device would be an example device.

Thanks guys for all the comments and testing, we’re working hard to fix all the issues and deliver asap…
A big thanks to everyone is sending Pull Request, I’m amazed by how you are responding to Volumio 2…

And this is just the beginning…

Hey everybody, where can i find the beta für download?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

github.com/volumio/Volumio2

• prompt on the first run of the GUI to change default volumio/pi/root passwords!!!

+1 on the change passwords

The chage command should work to set the expiry date on the password to expired

chage -d 0 pi 

I bet you would rather have a scripts that does this. This can be done with a simple for loop.

#!/bin/bash
for i in `cat /var/tmp/users`; do
echo -e "linuxpassword\nlinuxpassword" | passwd $i
usermod -L $i
chage -d 0 $i
usermod -U $i
done

courtesy of putorius

I believe that it could even be done by just using for,echo,chage. But I don’t have a working Linux box/vm with me so can’t test it. The problem with solutions like this would be not forgetting to trigger it during compilation/pre imaging.

The rapsberry pi foundation should have added this to their images…

Thx! bit short in time at the moment, but i was not able to access the WebUI after just trying to boot on a RPi2. but it had an IP assigned… ssh did not work either. i will investigate a bit once things relax a bit.

… plus that we want this to work on other Volumio supported platforms too, headless or not, console or not, so let’s try and push a/ the generic solution. Willing to help…

I agree that could be a great benefit. I see that at first use there would be a modal asking to do a preliminary setup. Ideally we would ask:

• Give a name to your player
  • Configure wireless network
  • Change default password

However, really low priority on this… But if some of you guys wants to start the “first_config” plugin, doing all the backend stuff, then we can easily hook up the UI…

@michelangelo : Can a plugin call a plugin ? I mean a plugin called “first_config” call a plugin “password setting” and “networksfs” and “network config” and so on…

Hi, it’s possible to test the beta on the odroid C1?
Thanks
Giovanni