[Closed] Introducing Volumio 2

btrfs would have been better (multiple reasons) but I’ll try to convert it to btrfs myself… :slight_smile:

:smiley: I cant blame you, but i love updates and status boards :wink:

Yes, you can also try editing the build script and see the results!
github.com/volumio/Build/blob/m … ryimage.sh

Any prevision about the release? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just curious if any dev have seen this Tidal/Wimp API? And yes, it is JS, so implementation as a plugin for Volumio 2 should be “trivial” for someone with the rights skills. :unamused: This plugin even supports the lossless FLAC stream.

I think Tidal and Volumio would be a great match, given the audiophile focus of both.

Hy,

I use volumio since a moment now and I wanted test Volumio2 (RP1 + Hifiberry) but unable to add my NAS and my DAC :frowning:

It’s normal because where are in Alpha 4 ?

PS : in GUI, Network menu don’t work too…

Rgds
Akhlan

Nice library for TIDAL!
Regarding TIDAL we got actually in touch with them… So TIDAL integration is the first priority in TODO List after the release…

In Alpha4, basically few things works…

About ETAs, I’m always more ashamed to not managing to put together a testing release… We’re working hard to do it asap, but we always find little obstacles in the middle…

Awesome news on Tidal!

Can’t wait for it! :slight_smile:

I don’t understand what’s basically for you because I can’t add music, USB, NAS, WEB RADIO, … nothing work here :frowning:

Work well :wink:

yay! TIDAL is coming, thats just AWESOME!!! THANK YOU!

… and please keep the promise :wink:

I don’t want to be another person hassling you about release dates but I wondered if we’d see version 2 released this year? Or will it be the first quarter next year?

Still this year

Do you think you’ll ever introduce Nightlies/test builds?

We are buildind exactly that … An automatic build system with development images and nightly releases… Gotta understand what will it mean on server costs… What was your idea?

New image available… I know you were all waiting for it… I just wanted to wait until it was decently usable, but I think that you deserve to see what we’ve been working on, even if that’s still far from being perfect…

So, here it is.
What still miss to get a “proper” Volumio2:

• Spotify playback via spotify connect
  • Audio output selection
  • I2S DAC support
  • Proper testing on update system

You’ll find the download link on the github readme here:
github.com/volumio/Volumio2

Since lots of things still don’t work, please try to see in github issues if the thing has already been discussed, if not feel free to open an issue (so we can track what we still miss to do…).
Of course, any help is welcome via pull request!

Enjoy. You’ll find lot of love by Volumio Team into this bunch of code!

Hi Michelangelo
Thank you - been waiting a long time!

My personal ranking:

1. (by a long way) I2S DAC support
  2. Audio output selection
  3. Proper testing on update system
  4. (and a long way last) Spotify playback via spotify connect

I think Volumio is wonderful, but for me the main purpose is a
bit perfect, low powered system without bells and whistles - just a system that works perfectly. No
frills, except perhaps HD44780 I2C LCD screen support.

Once again, thank you and best wishes

Anyone tried to manualy add drivers for I2S? I have the IQAUDIO dac+
iqaudio.com/downloads/IQaudIO.pdf
Section 9.

hi,
Adding dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus in /boot/config.txt should do that…

Anybody try it on Pi B+, on mine it’s doesn’t boot up!
Flashed image on 8Gb SanDisc.