[Closed] Introducing Volumio 2

ù

Sorry for late reply! Yes you definetely can, just use the executeOnPlugin call:

self.commandRouter.executeOnPlugin(‘music_service’, ‘mpd’, ‘add’, data);

first parameter (music_service): plugin category
second parameter (mpd): plugin name
third parameter (add): method\function name
fourth: eventual data to be passed

Will there will be a usable Version with airplay Support this year?

Will v2 fix the Library update problem ?
I’ve just built my first Pi and installed Volumio 1.55.
Played music from USB and my NAS (great sound quality by the way) via Browse.
BUT I have been updating the library now for 23 hours (approx 12000 files) and it shows no sign of stopping. Is it working, is it stuck in a loop - how can I tell ?
This seems to be pretty fundamental to me. Without being able to select music by, say, Artist, or Album or Genre for example using Browse alone is pretty unwieldy ( I assume that’s what the Libray tab will give me).
My LMS / Logitech Touch has no such problem with the library. I know diddly squat about Linux but it seems this library issue has been running for over 18 mths now without a response.
Can you advise ?
Thanks

I do have a question to the beta.
Is shairport-sync already available?
I installed the beta and couldn’t find any way to get airplay running.
Isn’t it integrated at the moment?

The beta does not even boot for me… On which hardware do you use it?
Would be nice to get an update on the planned timeline for Vv2! [emoji12]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Hi,
it should actually work on all PI’s (except PI zero), currently you need an 8Gb SD card or smaller.
The problem with bigger cards has been solved, but no new image published yet (coming up soon).
In case you are able to build your own image, the scripts are up-to-date.

Hey gkkpch, thx for the update! Problem is most probably not abilities, but time :wink:.
Can’t wait to get the new image!

I know that it’s all ways awkward to ask this, but do someone have a ETA for the Volumio 2?

And it is always awkward having to give the same answer: “when it’s ready” :smiley:

Looking back at the first date saying oktober, then end of oktober. When it’s ready sounds like a good awnser to me :mrgreen:

Yes, when it’s ready is definetely the answer! But I feel we’re getting close!

That would be awesome! Even though 1.55 is nice, I have issues with AirPlay I guess because the shairport version is not a 100% compatible to the latest iOS anymore…

Is coming out just for the raspberry or for all the devices?

I can’t wait for the new volumio :wink:

First for pi and… x86!
Then for all the other devices…

Will Volumio 2 shipped with I2S drivers? Which ones?
(I am asking because this task seems to remain missing according to github.com/volumio/Volumio2/blo … /README.md)

Thanks!

What problems?

What shairport version?
Shairport or Shairport sync, the first one is a dead project?

I talk about the AirPlay support in volumio. I thought it’s realized with one of the shairport forks/successors…

–Edit–
Problems: when I press skip in iOS, specifically the Tidal app, the connection to volumio gets lost and cannot be reestablished until I reboot volumio. But this is probably the wrong thread for the topic…

Yes! Hopefully all of them…

Guys new image is available… Still pretty alpha, and pretty bad looking as well…
To change output devices unfortunately you need to edit manually /etc/mpd.conf …
The system also integrates remote updates, so you should be able to update your Volumio2 when we make new releases.
Lots of things still don’t work, and its quite rough round the edges. But indeed we’re looking for feedbacks and reports, mostly on usability side…

LINK: updates.volumio.org/pi/volumio/0 … PI.img.zip

Hi, and Thanks a lot for the great work you guys are doing!

I would like to suggest to update github.com/volumio/Volumio2 because users who are not familiar with the alpha/beta history of Volumio 2 may be confused thinking that the VM images are newer than the PI images.