Adding Tidal Connect

Tidal connect stops everytime after about 30 seconds into a track. Tidal through volumio works perfectly. Any ideas? The log file says that it is a asio async_shutdown error: asio.misc:2 (End of file)

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/vVwMl3d.html

Same here. A lot of dropouts when I’m using connect with the tidal app on my Samsung s5e

No problems if I’m using the app without volumio connect…

About TC for the pi0, we are looking into it. It will probably be available for volumio buster shortly.

1 Like

Dropouts seem to occur very randomly, and also randomly dissappear. It seems to be related to TC server infrastructure. We will discuss this with Tidal.

Thanks for the update, good to know.

Thanks, I’d already acknowledged that PiZeros weren’t working in a reply to:

Was just being thorough and checking whether Shoom’s Pi3 fix happened to work for Zeros- never hurts to try these things right?

Hi Aufzug and welcome.

i have 3 IOS devices.

1. Ipad 2018
  2. Ipad mini4
  3. Ipad min2

All work well, even the Mini 2 on IOS 12 which was a nice surprise. i also have android 7 on my phone which buffers quite a bit. weird but true.

The Tidal Desktop APP is solid here also and could be worth trying just to rule out any network issues (if you have a LAN connected PC).

Others have reported that the Android app works better for them and IOS is not so good so maybe
network stuff may come into things.

I’m not so technical but maybe posting some more info on your network infrastructure may help move things along a little.

1 Like

Updated the faq: Adding Tidal Connect - #220 by mervinio

Hello,
i’m using volumio primo
vers. 2.884

Since i updated from 2.883 to 2.884 Tidal connect doesn’t work no more. No sound. Also playing music from my nas doesn’t work (almost stuttering). I tried everything. Restart, enable or disable the Tidal connect Button. The Version 2.883 worked so fine. Never change a running system. Please fix it.

Let’s try to reboot your router… (and all relevant device like volumio and Tidal client too)

Ok… i reboot/restart my router, volumio on my primo and tidal but no sound.
i made some more tries. i start a song in tidal app with Tidal connect - no sound.
After that i go to volumio where the song is still shown - no sound.
After that i started another Tidal song directly from volumio - there is sound.
Playing songs from my nas - there is sound.

My gear:
volumio primo with ver. 2.884 with Lan
denafrips Ares 2 DAC connected with USB
Tidal HiFi account

everything worked with the previous version.
Is there a chance to rollback?

Loving TIDAL Connect so far with Volumio. It sounds and works great.
However, I’m not getting MQA to come out of the DAC. My setup is:

-RPi4B w/ Digione Signature
-SMSL SU-9 DAC (full MQA DAC)
-Volumio Virtuoso on iOS
TIDAL HiFi subscription

Is this a known issue, or do I need to change anything on my settings? The Volumio iOS app is set for “yes” on MQA. Thanks!

Yeah… after testing a lot of settings i’ve found a way to hear a sound with Tidal connect in Vers. 2.884.
It’s in the mixer setting. I normaly choose ‘no mixer’. For me it’s the best sound quality. But with this setting there is no sound. So i choose ‘hardware’ but also no sound. At least i choose the not recomended ‘software’ setting and that works. For me it’s a bug in version 2.884.

1 Like

Hi, and thanks for this. I found pretty much the same with TC yesterday. Just to ask - why is software control for volume not recommended? Thanks :pray:

Hi, I am trying MyVolumio Virtuoso to see if Tidal Connect works for me. I am using the x86 version of Volumio (latest version)

While my android phone and PC could play Tidal tracks through Tidal Connect, my iOS devices (iPhone & iPad Pro) are unable to see the Volumio device as Tidal Connect-enabled, only Airplay is working for them. I tried to disable shairport then the device disappeared from the Tidal app completely, so I thought Tidal Connect never worked for my iOS devices at all. Have tried to change the Volumio device name, reboot Volumio/iOS, etc. but Tidal Connect didn’t work for the iOS devices at all. I am sure both my iOS devices and the Volumio device are on the same network. Is there any setting (esp. on Tidal App side) I have missed? Thanks in advance.

Update: after rebooted my router my iOS devices still could not see my Volumio device as Tidal Connect-enabled, only Airplay is working.

The SU-9 dac only supports full MQA decoding on the USB input. When using the DigiOne Sig you are using coax and Volumio Tidal connect does not have the ability to do the first MQA unfold which would be needed.

Try using the Rpi4 with a usb cable into the dac bypassing the DigiOne entirely. Change the audio settings in Volumio to use the usb connection.

3 Likes

Thank you - just what I was looking for!!

I’m happy with the digione signature via SPDF, so I’ll probably downgrade my Tidal account to the mid-tier and enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Been using this since it came out. Some observations… Noticed that Tidal on Volumio sounds cleaner, more focused much nicer. With Tidal Connect there is noticeable degredation in the sound quality while listening to my Dynaudio C1. It would be nice to make it sound same as Tidal on Volumio in the future builds… Good job Volumio team for a nice feature!

We have prepared a test release (v2.904 (jessie) and latest buster build) with fixes for soundcard compatability issues for TC. If you used the softvolume workaround (see faq) in the past then please try this build on hardware mixer. If you have not had any issues with tc before, then please wait for the next stable build.

Please let us know when you are experiencing issues, and if you hear changes in sound quality.

Thank you for testing with us!

2 Likes

Just bought a Mini DSP SHD Studio. Will there be Tidal Connect support in the future as well?