VOTE for Volumio next feature!

I voted for the DSP stuff, I’m really looking forward to that, but for me it would be good to integrate that with something simple like softvol, so guests at my house are able to turn the volume up and down without being presented with a bunch of parametric equalizer settings. I’m hoping that I will also be able to stop having to ssh into alsamixer to make LR balance adjustments.

Another thing I wanted to say is that I hope it will be possible to have some version of a UI where the font sizes for content listings can be changed to suit the viewing device. Of course it is possible to zoom in a browser, but better to start with a readable size.

Very excited for v3, thanks so much to those doing the work.
Oh and I also would vote for a 64 bit pi 4 implementation.
:slight_smile:

‘Jukebox’ mode, so that when you click on the song it adds to the end of the queue and doesn’t play instantly - and those 3 little dots in the corner are permanently disabled. That would make volumio perfect!

I agree with that XM

A possibility to play video just like music from USB or NAS would be great.
Yes, I have KODI as Volumio plugin, but KODI is simply too much overhead for a music loving person who sometimes likes the support of interesting images such as a band playing live or a good musicvideo.

It seems to be missing the most important or at least the one that many are hoping for in your list of choices and that is a stable software and improved UI. If you do not put much needed attention in your product you will see that many of the DIY will start looking elsewhere. The product is great but it is not in a finished or “packaged” state. So for now my vote goes to improved and mainly stable software. One that does what it says it does and not just an interpretation of combined with a kink free- bug free UI.
Thanks
Robert
BTW. again, great stuff that Tidal Connect!

1 Like

If I had a wish Neil Young Archives would be nice ….

BUT:

All I basically want is to listen to MY music stored lossless on a NAS. This is why I got into Volumio and I would not mind if it stays that way … I do not need any fancy pictures or background info culled somewhere out of the web, The only reason I am still with Volumio is the pretty bad internet we have plus some music I cannot find on a „regular“ streaming service. Otherwise I would go for Qobuz, my Volumio subscription would pay roughly one third of the Qobuz fee and for „my“ music I could use the good old CDs ….

So for me there is a business decision to be made by the Volumio team: Compete with the „big fishes“ in the pond or stay in a „niche“ on the sidelines and provide special services.

As it looks now for me this means goodbye to Volumio and hello to Qobuz as soon as we enough bandwidth ,

Just my thoughts ,

Stephan,

Thank you.

As I only stream music Tidal Connect was all I really wanted so I’m very happy.
That said, I would vote for Mixcloud over Soundcloud but I believe there’s a technical limitation that prevents this.

Otherwise I defer to the power users.

Will there be any response from Volumio, to put their resources on improving stability instead of adding more functionality?
like: Connection drops, unresponsive interface,
Yesterday Audirvana released their new version and seriously consider it and using my rPi’s as endpoints for it. Even using Volumio as an endpoint is troublesome.

Hi dknk. I agree with your answer. I have done this also, using Volusonic plus a separate subsonic DB. It works great… but it is a bit complex, to setup, and most Volumio users will not do this.

Volumio by itself should be able to manage large DB, like MPD does.

As an example, if I make NO changes to my music library, MPD alone just takes 10 or 20 seconds after boot to be ready to play music, which is fine. Volumio takes several minutes (more than 4 mn on a RPI3), for doing the same thing, i.e just be ready to play music. There must be something wrong somewhere…

I’m rather curious as to the (currently) 23% of votes for “Improve the plugins section and make it like an app store” option. What exactly are people voting for? The option wording means nothing to me specifically.

“like an app store”?
“improve the plugins section”?

It’s obviously popular, but I have no idea what people would like to see. :smiley:

Make a plug-in for Volumio, charge €€€ to use it, buy a yacht and retire! :smiley:

1 Like

In my case

• better grouping of the plugins (@balbuze proposed something nice in the Developer group)
  • better description of the plugin description/functionalities
  • showing only plugins compatible with the system (as an example, GPIO_Button and GPIO_Control plugin work only on RPi, but it is shown also on other platforms)
  • add a section for community-made plugins (Youtube2, SoundCloud, MixCloud, etc.)
  • add the possibility of downloading plugins from an external GIT repository, with possibility to update the plugin when a new version is available

Would also be great if one or more usb ports on the Primo could act as a usb input.

For instance to connect a Phone / Tablet to the Primo to use the Primo’s dac.

Best regrads,
Sander

Support for Kkbox streaming like Spotify.

2 Likes

Is there anything planned for the new release about the lyrics showcase? It’s one of the most voted features here :smiley:

I believe that the top three were taken forward into Volumio3.

Not sure if the voting is still operational, but closing topic as a snapshot of opinion at the time.