Volumio Rpi4 Freezing

@dvo
i m a bit confused i tried to update the firmware but still shows me the same…how usually you update the firmware if i did something wrong…

@giorgosperi
do you want the 28-10-2020?
use the text under the youtube movie as how to…

i think i did this except the last part…let me try again…
just the latest update i guess…

this tutorial is a bit confusing…my eeprom is the latest as i checked…

1 Like

I had this problem consistently and was getting so fed up I was thinking of abandoning volumio. The pi is installed in my gym with two other pi and a sonos box all connected via Wi-fi but the others had no apparent Wi-fi problems so I didn’t even consider wifi as the problem. In a moment of exasperation I ran a 20m ethernet cable from the nearest switch to my volumio pi. Since switching to ethernet I’ve not had a single dropout or freeze. So maybe it’s not a temperature issue.

As for temperature … a pi-4 running Home Assistant in an argon case inside a 19" rack with several other pi’s, ethernet switches, usb drives, a NAS and a UPS (so lots of adjacent heat producing devices) runs at 63c and it has no heat sink.

both devices are connected with ethernet cables.
its not even temperature issue. the temps are pretty good even on the device that having the issue.
48c something like this.

i just updated to v2.904 and now i have the same firmware version as my other device…i will wait to see if the issue got fixed…i m bit confused the system information of volumio what exactly shows?

so far no freezing i guess that was the reason…

and now started device freezing again not so often like before but still…any idea? i started thinking to buy an other one to replace it…