Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Hi, how long should it take to install after doing a software update to volumio 3

It doesnā€™t take longer than an other upgrade. :slight_smile:

damnā€¦ we already have this one, 8 hours ago

I must be coming up to about 10minutes and nothing yet

it worked flawless for me on 2 RaspberryPI3 installations (both on v3.163 before) - maybe it will take longer if you come from v2 ?

Anyone else not seeing the hotspot come up? Looks to have booted ok, including volumio logon on my screen.

1 Like

Not sure if upgrade from V2 takes longer. havenā€™t used V2 for months.

Letā€™s start with V4ā€¦ :rofl:

The biggest drawback to me is that they remove virtuoso and let only premium / superstar. Maybe in price between virtuoso and superstar should have been betterā€¦ So I am forced to subscribe only a few months per year only for qobuz integrationā€¦ In pricipal they will take less money from meā€¦ I am sorry.

I had a naked lady jump out of the screen when it got to zeroā€¦

Also, if Iā€™ve been on virtuoso, do I need to manually switch to premium? Is it the same?

1 Like

Volumio 3 is live !

Thanks to all of you who participated in this beta adventure, you genuinely contributed to make Volumio 3 what it is. When you will enjoy it, I hope you will enjoy it more knowing that you were an active part of the journey.

For whatever problem that might arise, we are there to support you. For Virtuoso, Premium and Superstar our support email is there to help you if needed, at techsupport at volumio dot org

PS: You are not forced to upgrade to Premiumā€¦ Virtuoso users can stay Virtuoso with their current feature set

ENJOY!

4 Likes

will it come as a update or do we need a fresh install?

Seems I got this as update, this morning

looks like it ā€¦ i see no new releaseā€¦ in updateā€¦

3.165 is not beta anymore. You can update or fresh install itā€™s your choice.

i have that version already this moring not a new releaseā€¦
so we removed beta and itā€™s now finalā€¦

1 Like

You had test mode enabled, so you got it early.

3.165 is the OFFICIAL RELEASE.

Didnā€™t get that lady ā€¦ :frowning_face: