Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Correct! 3.165 was in test mode this morning and is promoted to the release. Tinkerboard has 3.167.

Volumio 3 is Live!!!

Everyone happy listening.

2 Likes

Where can I see the differences between my current virtuoso and premium plans? So I can decide if I want to upgradeā€¦

It is already available as update. Just make sure you are not in test mode and go in the settings as usual.
Check updates and there youā€™ll find it.

i think the test version of yesterday will block that option :slight_smile: 3.165 beta
iā€™m already on the latest version is what it says every timeā€¦

Working well here and happy to see that back button finally working! :+1:

2 Likes

v3.165 this morning seems to have been an ā€œearly bird pre-release partyā€ for the alpha and beta testers - nice :slight_smile:

I just upgraded to Volumio 3! Everything perfect, I just had to re-scan the library and reinstall the plugins (after logging into MyVolumio).
I also have the impression that the sound is better, but itā€™s probably just a placebo effect! : D
Thank you very much to the whole team, you did a fantastic job!

Only one thing I miss: LastFm plugin! Please give it back! Iā€™m addicted to LastFm scrobbling: :sob:

1 Like

iā€™m still waiting for the Youtube2 plugin of Patrick Kan

No Cd Ripping button on Manifest. New flash from 3.165.

This is known issue and will be addressed in the upcoming days

1 Like

Okay. Thanks

1 Like

One suggestion, which I have mentioned before.
Please add time zone as additional part of the first setup.
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

1 Like

Autostart should not be rocket science

Enable plugin test mode :wink:

1 Like

will check immediately :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some detected quirks:
The ā€œRun first config Wizardā€ reloads 3 to 4 times. So halfway entry it stops and reloads
Plugins:

• Spotify 2.0.3. After installation there is a pop up asking to enable the plugin, it doesnā€™t enable it.
  • Touch Display 3.3.1: Double pop up to enable the plugin.

This is a know issue since the beginning of the betas, annoying but not a problem.
I just wait a little after a first boot, hope the devs will find the issue sometime.

Is there more info on this part?

Iā€™d also love to have the audiophonicshonoff plugin. Could you manage to get it working somehow?

IMPORTANT!!!

For those of you which are having troubles with payments, our payments provider is currently experiencing some issues.

This issue do not depend on us, and we are actively following the course of events.

For those impacted, donā€™t worry, any excess payment will be promptly refunded.

What a shame that our payments provider has to have issues right when we launchā€¦ But, as always, we will take care of any issue

2 Likes