Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Same here. It recovers after volumio vrestart

1 Like

This is a question which needs to be addressed to the author of the plugin.

It is being ported by its developer as we speak

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is a Manifest issue or a Multiroom one since it involves both. I figure Multiroom is the more important.
I have a main player (IP address x.x.x.15) and a secondary (x.x.x.5) which is added to the main to form a group. On the UI for the main player everything is as expected. On the UI for the secondary player the UI shows what was last playing before making the group. I go to the multiroom panel and click on the ‘active group’ and the UI shows the item currently playing on the group (a sweet feature!) but then I notice that the metadata is not updating. It is either blank or keeps the metadata from the pre-grouping item. See screenshots:

The same behaviour is seen on the physical screens connected to the two units. Both are running 3.152 (x64 on main, RPi4 on secondary)

I have tried the last 3 releases of Volumio on my raspberry pi 3. And on all three the wifi does not work in any way. This was not a problem at all for volumio 2. I have a 5Ghz and a 2.4Ghz network and the pi is near the router, and both fail to connect entirely. Is anyone else having these issues?

Can you please share a log?
Also tell us which PI model you use

thanks

I had wifi problems with Volumio 2 and switched to ethernet on my RPi4 which solved the issue. Still using ethernet with Volumio 3 without an issue.

We need logs this way:

To report, please make sure you add the following info:

• Device, Audio output
  • Clear explanation on how to replicate the problem
  • Send a log and paste the link in your post
1 Like

Pi3 and Pi4. no problems at all with wifi on any release. Sounds like your unit might be faulty. Maybe try a USB dongle?

Here’s the logs again, the audio output is headphones but nothing is connected to the device.
The device is a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
The problem is replicated by turning it on and running the first time setup wizard, when attempting to connect to any wifi network it fails. It does not matter whether or not an ethernet cable is connected at the time, I have tried both ways.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/X5ThhoV.html

The unit is functional, I just yesterday flashed it with volumio 2 and had no problems at all.

Switching to multiroom seems to make all units in the group switch output to 48kHz. Switching back to individual units restores the original bitrate. I have no filters, DSPs etc activated.

x64 and RPi4
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/xeiDXmE.html
e6f4da2e97a4caf1c3b0b23ccb1e86e3

The Media Servers folder appears empty. I have a server with music, called Jriver Media Center, but in beta version 3.xxx, it is not visible. Music library, favorites, Last 100, Tidal, etc, if they have content. On the other hand, in versions 2.xxx, without problems. Any suggestion? Thanks

That is by design. We can’t send reliably bit perfect data via network. So all multiroom is capped at 48k to ensure smooth playback, no matter what network conditions are.

1 Like

We are trying to figure out the issue. But so far we did not find a solution yet

Is really some inconsistent behavior of Volumio regardless of the version. Saw this in both V2.x and 3.x.
Sometimes it appears, sometimes it don’t.

Same goes for Music Library. Most of the times it won’t show the internal (SD-Card) sometimes it does.

OK. Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Yeah I really need this feature too. The sync is close but not quite there.

1 Like

Hello, I have a problem with the radio (France Culture for example) the reading is ok for 5 seconds then stops 10 seconds then starts again in a loop …
pi4 model b rev1.2 firmware jan 8 2021 + hifiberry dac
Volumio 3,157 and v3.159

I am trying to replicate your issue to no avail.

As, we told many times, we need logs, otherwise it’s just guesswork

To report, please make sure you add the following info:

• Device, Audio output
  • Clear explanation on how to replicate the problem
  • Send a log and paste the link in your post