Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

RPi4, v3.152, Manifest UI

When searching through albums, clicking on an album, then clicking on the back arrow, v2 would take the user back to the same place in the album listing where the album was found. At the moment, it returns the user to the top of the album listing, i.e. the user loses his/her place.

1 Like

Does the Volumio 3 support ā€œhid over gattā€(hogp) Bluetooth low energy profile btw?

In volumio 2 it was not working, most likely because of the very old Bluetooth stack, now i havenā€™t have time to tinker with it.

:+1:Yep, this has been bugging me today as I was trying to sort album art.

@Voluminous I see the same.
RPi3B, v3.152, Manifest UI
Works fine on my v2.xx system.

@the80ies Welcome! From whatā€™s been described, the multiroom features in V3 will be all sources multiroom. Looking forward to trying it after the 7th.

1 Like

With Hifiberry DAC I get multiple ā€œFailed to Connect to audio deviceā€ when using track skip buttons.

Sometimes I click on a song and it plays the first one in the folder instead of the one I wanted

Lots of delays in changing to a new song when I click it if another is already playing (its only a Pi Zero W2, but weā€™re talking extreme delay!)

Youtube sink doesnt seem to connect.

Manifest UI doesnt work with DSP plugin sliders (and adjusting should be real time, not hitting Apply after every adjustment). Thats poor UI design!

The notification isnt changing title or image using the volumio Android app.

Please carefully read again the first post section explaining how you can contribute to this thread.

Since you have reported several problems, I would suggest you reboot, reproduce the problem, and post a system log (along with the problem that you observed) for each case unless of cause more than one problem is evident at the same time (but please make this clear to the reader).

1 Like

Which of these issues are you having trouble reproducing?

Multiroom - latency/delay adjustment

Hi guys! Great work, thanks a bunch!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:
One question, is there a way to add delay/correct latency in multiroom? I have an AV Receiver and some active speaker in my flat which needs some 20-50ms delay, others not. Could this be added somewhere as a parameter - similar to the Snapcast plugin settings in 2.x? Thanks!

Hi Robert,
when I am right this is on purpose. When you browse around in the Volumio Interface you will find there a favorite section as well. I think this is the heart button for, that you are able to create a collection from different sources on Volumio.

It does not work for qobuz or tidal atleast, if you press the heart for those mentioned before, it does indeed add to favourites of the said service, but itā€™s still not added the ā€œfavouritesā€ section of volumio, which means next time you play the track it wonā€™t show the :heart:.

This is hopefully addressed in the backend at some point, since all the information is there already itā€™s matter of using it.

2 Likes

Volumio v 3.157. Press play on Web radio, does not startā€¦ Same issue as beforeā€¦
@volumio. When this will be fix?

Hi SimonE, you mean the 7th of December? Official release? With Roon have made a NUC fanless dedicated server and used Pi with HiFiberry as endpoints.

What is best to use Volumio3? Also a server?
How does Volumio handle cover art etc. ?

@the80ies Yes, v3 will be available 7 December. I only use it standalone right now, but plan to make a multiroom system using v3. Sounds good, synchronising any source to all devices. Iā€™m happy with how Volumio handles album and artist art.

Pandora plugin was removed and the system no longer falls over. Thanks.

I noticed a small bug regarding the library database management. My music library is on an external USB drive attached to the RPi. I fixed an artist name in an albumā€™s tags (to all capital letters) and the new artist name was included from the tags after a rescan. However, unfortunately the old version of the artist name is still there and I just canā€™t get rid of it, so the album appears twice (but only the new version will actually play). I have tried emptying RPi trash, emptying USB trash, multiple restarts, multiple library rescans. How can I get rid of the old tag from the database?

RPi4, v3.152

volumio no longer falls over. Pandora plugin was removed and latest version was applied.

Sent issue. sound not in sync at all http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/Y0JGj0M.html

When changing the station, it remains freeze, send log.http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/uZOJUQ5.html

I do like the new Volumio Manifest but the UI does take a little getting used too. However, I was wondering if there will be a Roon Bridge plugin coming anytime soon?