Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

Next Beta will have it :wink:

2 Likes

Please do as explanied in the link, do not copy paste anything else than the log link

thanks

it dont work messge:“Sending log report, please wait”

It might take few seconds to send it

no it is blocked! "Sending log report, please wait”

New public RC time! Version 3.159 is now available on OTA. It contains the following fixes:

• AAMPP fix for shairport-sync
  • Multiroom configuration
  • Fix for plugin install progress bar not showing on specific version install
  • Add driver for cht-bsw-rt5672
  • Manifest UI fixes:
    – Scaling improvements and bigger artwork
    – Various layout tweaks
    – Fix for old background appearing
    – Volume button the mini player
2 Likes

Just installed the new release on a Pi 4. Runs well so far! Especially the DSP is really nice.
Hopefully the last.fm plugin will be available for Version 3 soon!

There is the old typo with the missing space after the artist in the bottom left corner, eg: Bad Religion- No Control (using the contemporary UI, Bad Religion - No Control would look cleaner).
There is another typo in DSP → Resampling → Info: “Enable gerneral resampling in Volumio”

One more question: Will the official release need a reinstall or can we update from within the RC?

1 Like

@mervinio hi, probably me being dumb, but how do you use multiroom sync? I just updated 2 volumio systems to 3.159. They can see each other when I click the multiroom icon, but I can’t see how to make one the server and the other the client, so they both play the same track. I checked the multiroom settings in Sources but could see anything other than buffers.

1 Like

If you’re on beta v3 you need to reflash your
sd card. From v2.x its ota, but settings and plugins are reset.

1 Like

After update to 3.159 (on RPi4) none of the radio stations are working.

Log file: http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/RVQqUOf.html

Strange. Working on my 3B.

1 Like

This seems due to the DSP plugin. Can you disable it and reboot?

1 Like

Just to confirm, radio’s are working here, on a rPi4.

1 Like

Yes, the DSP plugin was causing other issues so I uninstalled it and rebooted. Still having problems with some stations but it seems to be an improvement.

2 Likes

Can someone explain the MPD aspect? Why is volumio using an old build, and what is to be gained by updating it?
Thank you

How can I connect my Bluetooth headphones? I don’t see any option.

MPD will be upgraded soon, but since it often introduces new issues we will wait until after december 7th’s release.

This is not possible yet within volumio, but that feature is coming soon! As for now bluetooth can only be used as a source.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m a premium user and listen a lot to the French FIP Radio stations on 2 different HiFiberries with Volumio installed on them. I normally use the streaming url provided in the Web Radio menu based on countries directly in Volumio.
As of yesterday all the channels from FIP keep on looping 10 seconds of the same song, over and over. It is happening to all the FIP stations (regular, rock, jazz, groove etc).
I’ve tried different streaming url’s provided on internet and added them manually. They all experience the same problem.

Forgive me if this q was already asked but do you guys experience the same? Is this something that happens a lot?

1 Like

Just FYI, an even newer version of MPD was released yesterday (1 Dec): 0.23.5

1 Like