Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing

I’m happy to wait, but as it appeared there I thought it would be available. that said, I appreciate v3 isn’t released yet, so I just wanted to alert the dev

Ah, sorry I see it’s the Spotify Connect plugin, not regular Spotify - my bad!

PI 4 to SMSL8us Dac to powered speakers. V3.129

MConnect has problems with the new beta release where none existed before in the 2.x series.

It will either 1) play one song but not the next song, 2) Not play the song at all or 3) produce an error messge. The error message coming from mConnect referred to below says “Device sent and error response.”

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/wYCWJop.html

Thanks

1 Like

I know you Dev guys are juggling a million balls trying to sort loads of hiccups and wasn’t expecting an instant solution but: Is this likely to be a Volumio bug and I should just wait, or, is it something in my hardware that I should try to identify?
Thanks.
PS My later posts have expanded upon the above quote.

Volumio Information

Volumio Version: v3.114
Hardware: Rasberry Pi 3
DAC: Hifi Berry DAC+ ADC

I installed 3.114 tonight in an attempt to tryout the multi room grouping and analogue input features in superstar.

At first I was able to playback web radio streams and hear the analogue input when I checked the box. Now, whenever I try to play anything I’m getting the error message:

"Error

Failed to open “alsa” (alsa); Failed to open ALSA device “volumio”. No such device."

Just before this appears it flashes up “Playback started” in a green box (as usual).

I havent changed any settings and the DAC is set to the correct device etc. All I have tried to do is share the analogue input to other devices using the same version of Volumio. The other devices are still working without issue for playback of web radio etc. Its just the device with the DAC+ ADC I’m not able to play anything on at all.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

1 Like

Can you make this post on the beta test thread Volumio 3 RC1 - Open Beta Testing.

Would you share some system logs please?

Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:

Note also that that there is a later version of the beta currently available (3.129).

Thanks for the reply. I will post a log this evening. Everything seemed to work fine on the ADC enabled device until I tried to use the multi room feature. I played around with it a bit more last night. There seems to be issues controling that device when I try using it from its own IP address (I use the browser). If I use another devices IP address, I seem to be able to get it to playback radio streams etc on the ADC device streams etc by selecting that device from the other devices web player GUI,
It will still show as grouped when I view it through one IP address address but not on another. Seems to be a few bugs. Maybe they’ve been ironed out in the later release? I will update all the devices and see if it’s any better.
Is it best to do this using the update option in the GUI or just flash the card again?

Thanks.

Log is here. Thanks

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/Js7eJQ3.html

Did a fresh flash of 2.917, no more playback issues. Must be an issue with the beta version.

Indeed seems to be a beta/multiroom issue… But I believe this was solved in some of the newer updates?

ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1822:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
ALSA lib /home/pi/volumio-alsa-plugin/src/pcm_volumioswitch.c:138:(_snd_pcm_volumioswitch_open_target_pcm) PCM Volumio ALSA Switch Plugin failed to open the switcher target pcm volumioLocalPlayback

2 Likes

I did a fresh install of the latest beta release yesterday but same result.

I get an error installing Volspotconnect 2 on Volumio Buster 3.129

Hi,
This Is my configuration:

CPU: Intel Atom Z8350
RAM: 8GB
ROM: 128GB
DAC:Gustard x16
Volumio: 3.138

Tidal connect doesn’t work…tidal doesn’t view volumio

1 Like

Logs and more HW info would be useful.

Edit
3.138 is an unreleased alpha test version and may not work.
Better not put your PC in test mode unless asked by the developers to test specific fixes.
I have a test machine, HP convertible with a Z8350 and 8/32GB and version 3.129, which works fine.

1 Like

Any more info about this?

Hi, this is not a bug report, more a suggestion for a new feature…
In section Music Library I can see my internal drive, would it be possible to ad some short info about used capacity of internal drive? E.g. 10% free, or 10 GB of 100 free?
Thank you

You can display such information with the plugin Systeminfo :wink:

Put it here please:
Suggest a feature

Hi,
Volumio 3.129, fresh install on a AMD Athlon 64 PC, default configuration. In some cases, when I play FLAC files, the whole album is added to the queue more than once. In the screenshot below there is the music library page, when I click on CDImage.flac …

…here is what happens in the queue section. The scrollbar to the right gives the measure of how many times the same items are added to the queue.

Here are the logs:
http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/1dl6OPl.html

1 Like

Could you share your logs with the new version?