Volumio 3 Buster Beta for X86

There is a new beta out, including Tidal Connect.
Use OTA to update an existing Volumo 3 beta or flash Volumiobuster-3.068-2021-04-22-x86_amd64

Hi,

Tidal Connect - wow! another milestone for Volumio, congratulations!

Regarding the Volumiobuster-3.068-2021-04-22-x86_amd64:

• Update from 3.066 to 3.068 via OTA went fine :white_check_mark:
  • After the update you see the old version number on the “system” page. You have to reload the page “system” to see the new system version :wink:
  • Startup sound was played (SPDIF) :white_check_mark:
  • Blue info toast message “Tidal connect is ready” occurs. :white_check_mark: :cool:
  • On the tidal page of a specific artist there are still some translations missing (TRANSLATE.COMMON.ALBUMS, TRANSLATE.COMMON.EPSINGLES, TRANSLATE.COMMON.TRACKS) :x:
  • Navigation through WEBradio or local files in the lib is quick and responsive and without deadlocks. :white_check_mark:
  • Navigation in Volumio to another track in Tidal is still clumbsy. If you try to skip to the next (or another) track “B” in between the first 5-6 seconds of playing track “A”, it only stops playback of this track “A” and does not skip to track “B”. Playback is not possible and the local lib disappears for about 5 seconds. If you then wait for another 5 seconds playback is posible again and the lib is also back again. The good thing: It automatically heals itself within 5 seconds without the need for a change in “playback options”… These problem only occurs in Tidal. Skipping and jumping around in local files works quick and responsive without issues. Anyway this seems to be a good workaround but still not the final solution. :x:
  • Everything else I testet in 3.068 so long works fine and stable. :white_check_mark:
  • Tidal Connect is working well. If I skip and navigate via Tidal connect (in the tidal app) it works without the issue mentioned above! :white_check_mark:

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/bfkZjRv.html

Hey, you developers do a great job here! I’m looking forward to testing the next beta! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Robert

2 Likes

I have to second what @Robert.Hecht is saying. Well done to all so far. Tidal connect works flawlessly and, luckily for me, I don’t have the issues Robert is still having (maybe it’s his taste in music…)

http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/jTjOo7A.html

Hi to all
I have this error:

"findfs: unable to resolve ‘UUID=xxxx’

The usb stick won’t start.

@seri201 please provide all info of your nuc ask @gkkpch if he could help u

Ok.
Intel NUC10i5FNH + 8 Gb RAM + M2 SSD Samsung 512Gb.
WLAN disable. LAN enable.
I have try UEFI and EFI. Same problem

you need to enable legacyboot. Disable secure boot. Legacy boot is importend.

Legacy boot is enable but i have the same error

And in the bootoptions you selected usb device instead of SSD? Also you can select somewhere to start usb device first

Yes, start with Kingstone DataTravel

sorry, missed this part…
Please erase the usb disk completely,
No idea yet why, but we did have reports from people running into this exact issue.
Unfortunately no one reported back after erasing, would be nice to know it worked.

thanks for all.
Now I have connect the USB Receiver for keyboard and mouse et voilà…
The Volumio start…

thanks for reporting back!

Some months ago I had this issue - erasing the USB stick and flashing again did work for me.

When a system boots volumio with keyboard and mouse or receiver but not without check the bios settings for “halt on all errors” which is often standard. Then the system boot also stops booting without keyboard and mouse.

The error "findfs: unable to resolve ‘UUID=xxxx’ i also have on some systems with volumio 2 and even on different USB Ports on the same system - some work some not as if some USB ports are not usable for booting from USB ( although bios shows the device).

hmm, I need to re-check if perhaps some usb kernel module is missing in initramfs after all, that would explain the different behavior between usb ports (usb 2.0/ usb 3.0). I have read about some machines not booting from usb 3.0 ports, but was never able to pin it to lacking modules.

In case someone continues to have the findfs problem (after verifying with an erased usb disk and reflashing), then I would be very interested in make and model of the pc.

On my HW Volumio is starting well on USB2 and USB3 ports - just verified with a Stick containing 3.066.

I’ve installed the latest beta 3.068 on my chinese touchscreen laptop, so far so good.

I have enabled the bluetooth input, but I can’t find the x86 machine when I search the available ones with my phone. Is bluetooth supposed to work on x86?