Volumio 3 Buster Beta for RPi

@dvo: eh, I don’t think the author was posting an ssh/login issue, you may want to read first and then post :wink:

@Danielfelix: Underscores in the player name appear to be an issue, not a beta issue surely, but we need to look at this.

@gkkpch,@Daniefelix:

“_” Issue has nothing to do with Volumio. It’s simply not allowed in Linux to be used in the Hostname.

2 Likes

thanks for the answer, already guessed that the underscore was the problem.

It occurs to me to use “_” :sweat_smile:

RPI4
Volumio 3.054
When playing a file, the sound doesn’t start at the beginning but about 3sec is skipped.

1 Like

In version 3.054, the wireless network configuration with Static IP continues to be erased at restart.
RPI 3 + Allo Boss

Hi

Sorry, didn’t received the notofication of new answer, hence my late reply
Here is the screenshot of the dpkg -l firmware-realtek

Don’t really know how to interpret correctly, hope that helps.
Compilation is on-going for the others commands

Regards

Hi

With your commands to get the drivers, compile / install them, it works very well.
The USB Wifi dongle is working (green light blicking, good wifi reception when away from the main router), even with better reception it seems than Volumio 2.

Thanks a lot!

I use Rasp3 + Allo Boss with Volume 3.054.
When I mount the music location on my HD it is listed as unmount but the library looks and is work perfectly.

I had that exact same problem with a OpenMediaVault NAS, and the only solution that worked was to rebuild the NAS from scratch, following the developers how-to, to the letter.
I’m used to tech and computers, but with the NAS (and beeing an open source solution, not a comercial one), there was simply too many settings to adjust…
Not really a solution to your problem, but hope it helps.

In my case it is just an indicator problem, it tells me that it is not mounted when it really is.

Board : Raspberry PI 2B+
Network : generic USB to Gbit Network dongle, as the PI’s own network controller is dead ( not Volumio fault, it is dead with every Linux and Android image i tried )
Audio out : Headphone analog ( waiting on a HiFi berry DAC )
Image version : Volumiobuster-3.051-2021-03-06-pi

Also waiting on a E-paper 7 color screen if there is a possibility to change the layout/output.

Running the image for about 3 days now 24/7 and it has not failed me yet.
Audio is pulled off a NAS via NFS and also using the web radio links included with the image.
So far no issues to report, well done guys.

RPi 3B+
Volumio 3.051
ApplePi DAC
Cat5 networking, wifi off
Source FreeNAS 12 SAMBA

All is good, except that the first couple of seconds of a track is omitted. Playback across tracks misses out any gap and goes directly to the second bar or so of the following track.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: [NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin adventures on Buster betas

After upgrading Volumio doesnt seem to like my Hifiberry DAC Plus DSP board.
Strangely the error message says: “Failed to open ALSO devidce Volumio”, whereas this should be a HW identifier.

Raspberry Pi 4 - B
Volumiobuster-3.051-2021-03-06-pi
shairport-sync pre-installed without d-bus interface better to have pre-installed with d-bus interface
and d-bus interface play or pause command is acting as toggle Play/Pause command.

Hi,

Volumiobuster-3.051-2021-03-06-pi
RPi 3b+ with Pifi DAC (configured as Hifiberry DAC Plus)
Wired Network (Wifi configured as OFF)

I tested the webradio functions with different streams- everthing worked fine, also the hardware mixer for volume control. Great Job! Starts a bit faster than Volumio 2.

If I had a wish I would like to have a reliable Autostart Feature in Volumio 3. The Autostart Plugin stopped working on my Volumio 2 - no chance to resume its operation. I always have to start manually.

Best regards, C

— 4 hours later ----
I manually installed the autostart plugin (V1.1.2 as it shows in the plugin menu) from github - and it works fine with Volumiobuster-3.051-2021-03-06-pi! Again: Great Job!

it still works in 3.xx

Hi volumio team,

my Pi3b+/Pifi DAC with buster 3.051 does not mount/detect my directly plugged 64GB USB3 stick “TOSHIBA” which contains some mp3 in the main directory, NTFS formatted. This is the lsblk output:

volumio@volumio:/media/TOSHIBA$ lsblk
NAME        MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
loop0         7:0    0 357.3M  0 loop /static
sda           8:0    1  58.2G  0 disk
`-sda1        8:1    1  58.2G  0 part /media/TOSHIBA
mmcblk0     179:0    0  14.9G  0 disk
|-mmcblk0p1 179:1    0  91.6M  0 part /boot
|-mmcblk0p2 179:2    0   2.5G  0 part /imgpart
`-mmcblk0p3 179:3    0  12.2G  0 part

This behaivor is the same with Buster 3.054 and is independent of hot- or coldplug of the stick before booting: Browse->Library shows no USB entry, also the search box does not deliver mp3 results from the USB stick.
Do you need any other debug logs?
Best regards,
C.

1 Like

did you rescan to add the songs? or not?