Until we have an Install plugin in place, please do the following:
NOTE: you will loose ALL the data on your HDD.
- Flash Volumio 2 to a usb stick
- Format another usb stick wit FAT32, and copy the unzipped downloaded x86 image to it.
- Then boot from your usb volumio 2 stick.
- Wait until the UI is showing, the press ctrl-alt-F1 to open a terminal session
- Log in with volumio/volumio
and check the output.
- You should see /dev/sda, /dev/sdb and /dev/sdc (presuming you only have one disk in your x86 pc)
The device with the labels “volumioboot”, “volumioimg” and “volumiodata” is the one you booted from.
The device with the single vfat partition is the stick with the volumio image, assume it is /dev/sdX (X being a, b, c…)
The other device is your netbook’s hdd, assume it is /dev/sdY (Y being a, b, c…)
- When sure about the devices, type
mkdir usb sudo mount /dev/sdX1 usb cd usb ls -l sudo dd if=fullnameofthevolumioimage of=/dev/sdY bs=4M sync cd .. sudo umount usb sudo rm -r usb poweroff
- remove the usb sticks, reboot et voila