Volumio 2 on Odroid Boards

I have put in some decent time googling, but couldn’t find anything, so I assume there is no problem. Actually I can not really recall on what Volumio is doing with the routing. Might be also that this is a not so common user-case scenario.

Kind regards, Alex

P.S.: Unfortunately you have blocked receiving P.M.s…Volumio works headless just as it should, I can access remote via tablet and PC, so all good. It would just be a nice feature to have an all-in-one-box solution!

Enjoy the show and talk to you soon! I am still moving into my new apartment, so plenty of other stuff to do aswell, no need to rush :wink:

Hello there,

I would like to use Volumio on my Odroid N2 but after flashing the EMMC all I get is this screen to login to volumio IMG_3900.JPG.

If I do this, I am presented a command promt but no Volumio graphical interface. What am I doing wrong ? Can you please help a User with little to no experience with volumio an odroid n2 ?

Regards
Moritz

@Moritz Have a read of the documentation (link below). Volumio is primarily a headless system with the UI being accessed from a browser on any convenient device. There is a plugin available to use a touchscreen to display the UI too.

@chsims1 It only shows this screen, no connection to my router (lan and wlan with original hardkernel adapter) could be established. What do I have to do with this ? Or is my device broken ?

Please read the documentation. The UI is primarily accessed NOT from your touchscreen, but from a browser on a DIFFERENT device.

Hi, I have a small problem with Volumio on my Odroid C1+. Every time I switch the unit on, I have to unplug and plug USB disk and cable in order for Odroid to recognise them.

Any idea how to sort this one out?

Thanks!

appears to me the guys here are not much of a troubleshooter, if they can not use the thing with plug and play, they are as helpless as anyone else.

Hoho, asked for support in the odroid forum:

That did the trick! All running smooth now. Lets see, maybe I will update to myvolumio now, having tidal natively running in there would be another great thing to have!

BR, Alex

2.598 (26-07-2019) sounds like a big update. Do you plan to update C2 any time soon?

NEW ADDITIONS
Raspberry PI 4 support
New webradios facility
New Volumio3 UI
New REST API facility
Enable USB Hotplug

still on holidays, sometime in August…

Hi guys.

I have a odroid C2. I want to use it as a music car player. However, I have not bought a VU7 display yet and for a start I decided to check on my monitor asus ml249 via HDMI connection.
I installed 2 images in turn:
volumio-2.586-2019-06-04-odroidc2.img.zip
volumio-2.513-2018-12-07-odroidc2.img.zip
And the Touch Display plugin does not work in them. After installation, I activated it in the installed plugins. But after rebooting the OS, I get the same text mode. Can I provide a debug log to identify a problem?

Thank you

Yes, please do. Also tell us which version of the Touch Plugin you installed.

Meanwhile the plugin nas been updated by the author, which may solve your issue.
Please try the newest version.

Please explain what advantages has Odroid C2 compared to RP3 if Volumio would be used ?

Dear Volumio aficionados,

Is the sw volume control issue fixed yet or are there older Odroid C2 builds with volume control available?
Reason: I need the volume control as amplifier with volume control is 2 rooms far away. 8 [

Have a fantastic weekend!
Perf!

I’m aware of the problem, but honestly, have not checked lately.
Worse: I have not updated the OP either, shame on me, I’ll try to fix that soon.
Have you tried with the download on the site’s download page?

Thanks for your kind reply!

Yes, I tried the most recent update, but sound volume control is still disabled.

Best,
-Perf!

Same here.

I’ll buy gkkpch two beers for any fix. :smiley: That and gapless playback for ogg files not working seem to be my only hiccups with Volumio. (Playback of ogg stops at 10 seconds in when JRiver sends the SetNext command.)

Hi all,

i am kinda lost in configuring my new iiyama TF1015MC-B2 touchscreen monitor in my ODROID-C2 boot.ini.
I am able to run the normal vesa and hdtv resolutions, which the display supports.
But i couldnt get the modeline correct to run my 1280x800@60hz display correct in the native resolution, which isnt vesa/hdtv.

Does anyone have an idea how to get a working configuration ? Any debugging tips ?
-> never mind: i overlooked the correct setting in the boot.ini: setenv m “1280x800p60hz” :unamused:

Edit: And is there a way to switch the backlight / hdmi display 100% off ? -> This last one is SOLVED: seems to be the option "setenv monitor_onoff “true” " in the boot.ini

@SPo: I’m afraid I cannot help you here, otherwise I would have
I suggest for typical Odroid (non-volumio ) issues you post on the hardkernel forum (forum.odroid.com)

@all: software volume control: yes, this is becoming annoying.
As I expect this is an Odroid, but also UI-related issue, it will need two different developers.
…and I need to sort out how we can do this.

@mlovell: this could be a general mpd issue, please post this in the help section, you are more likely to find someone there who can help