Volumio 1.55 for Raspberry Pi & Raspberry Pi 2

“with a Pi 2 and Hifiberry DAC+ = unstable
with a Pi 2 and IQaudIO DAC+ = unstable”

I own these new components, but not yet installed, due to the weather,
After these results I was wondering, what are the instability?

OS crashes.

Hi,

besides Pi 2 support and a few Pi general improvements in 1.55, is there anything “unofficial” portings to other platforms might benefit from?

Thanks - Gé

Little confused about Volumio on Raspberry - does it REQUIRE attached DAC, or can it run on “plain” Raspberry Pi 2?
I tried to run it on Pi 2 with no DAC (I’ve bought it with Cirrus Logic Sound card, only to find out it’s NOT support by RPi yet) and all I get is “$” prompt - no GUI, no options, no anything…
I assume Volumio is GUI based app - was I mistaken?

Read the home page of volumio.org. All your questions are easily answered by reading it.

You need to study a bit on how Volumio works…(hint…it’s a server and the UI is accessed from another device such as a smartphone, tablet, Pc, )
Once you have that figured out then this link may help in getting your Cirris Logic/Wolfson card working…
bostonenginerd.com/posts/ge … h-volumio/

Volumio and the Raspberry Pi work fine without a DAC and it sounds pretty good for something costing £30 when plugged into a HiFi

Never ever plugged my Pi into a TV as all the main settings can be done via a web browser by going to volumio.local

Running Volumio server on Raspberry 2. The web access from PC works, but the Android App on my phone and tablet can’t access it.
Volumio sees USB drives attached to Raspberry (as long as they are 32GB or less), but when I try to play music from it on my PC, I get no sound.
Also, I can’t get Volumio to access my NAS unit (Drobo FS), even though they are attached to the same switch.

Anybody has any ideas and suggestions?

And as far as Cirrus Logic card, sorry " bobdbob", but currently their is no solution for the driver issues they have with that card.

“The web access from PC works, but the Android App on my phone and tablet can’t access it.”
Unlike web browsers on a pc Chrome on Android does not do DNS resolution so inputting ‘volumio.local’ won’t work.
Either use "Sound at Home’ from the google play store
volumio.org/soundhome-multi-room-audio-system/
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … home&hl=en
or …
For connecting with a web browser on Android …
You need to use the ip address of the raspberry-pi.
So… download from Google-play to your phone the free app= Fing.
play.google.com/store/apps/deta … fing&hl=en
With everything connected to your network including the Pi and your phone run Fing and it will list the ip addresses of all connections. Note the the ip address for Volumio then open Chrome on your Android phone and type the ip address into the search bar.
it will connect to Volumio just as you now connect with your browser on your pc.

I also have got Schiit Modi and Rasp. 2. Is dowagrading kernel, now, the only solution? Please, do not suggest me to set dwc_otg.speed=1! Thanks.
I’m reading this post

github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/888

Hi Dennis - my first Forum posting, so apologies for the newbie questions!

Where are you adding/changing these parameters?

If your Library won’t populate then how are you playing music?

Hi

Bought a RPi2 and Iqaudio dac and case - loaded volumio 1.55 as per instructions on volumio.org. Works fine but soon becomes corrupted and won’t boot - I am not able to script, just manipulate GUI’s and follow instructions. So I created a fresh volumio 1.55 image into microsd card and started again, and again volumio became corrupted. I have some flac files on an attached USB drive and use the AirPlay functionality. Anyone else reporting these issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello!

First of all, I want to thank a lot for all the work: Volumio it’s simply amazing…
What about 1.55 version for cubietruck? Spotify don’t work… :frowning:

Donald:

Sorry I never noticed your post.
I made the modification in the etc/mpd.conf file and make sure that I do not update it through the WebUI after the changes were made.
The library update functions works fine, its the library tab that never finishes its process. I select songs from the browse tab and then save them from the playlis t function.

Somehow I got it working on the PI2 but after a power outage where my sdcard got corrupted and restoration from a backup image, its not working again. Kinda frustrating.

What about 4.X kernel ???

Have you read the title of this thread? Does it say “Cubietruck”?
If you request help or features be at least polite and take the time to search the proper place or thread.

Hi, I love the sound quality of Volumio and have been enjoying it for several months.

I have the following setup:

1. Raspberry Pi2 (Volumio) > usb to iFi iDSD Micro > 300B tube Amp. My music files are currently on a USB harddisk.

Question: How to I add song files into the same SD card as Volumio so that i can play those files on Volumio, without the USB hardisk. Do I need to use the Ramdisk? How do I do it? How do I do the settings. Thanks for your answers or guide.

Very smooth playback of 24/192 FLAC stored on USB drive connected to a RPi2 with Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100. The only thing I can’t figure out is how to enable the hardware volume control (hardmix) for my DAC. Any ideas?

Hello. I hope not to be off topic:
Are known at Forum’s users some problems and damage to the SD card on Raspberry PI2 ? On my Raspberry is employed a DAC HifiBerry+ and one or two times a month I do not reach more the device from the PC and I must to format the SD card to reinstall Volumio. Also after some episode of this type I’m forced to replace the SD card. And already the second time.
Do you know of someone who has had this problem?

Also: Do you know if there is a possibility to connect to the Rapberry PI2 two buttons for functions play/pause and skip to next/previous track?

Thank You very much for answer.

For the 2nd part see gpio-pins-control-volume-t2219.html

For the SD, good quality power supply and SD card helps. I got one setup running without problems for months but before this point reboots sometimes corrupted the SD. See other thread’s for more information.