Volumio 1.55 for Raspberry Pi & Raspberry Pi 2

Enable the C-media FIX.

Did anyone have any luck getting a Raspberry Pi 2 and an iQAudio Pi-Dac+ working with this image?

At least i have got it running now. I have copied the Image to SDCard in slowmo (i used dd without Blocksize) after that i could start up Volumio , but WEBUI keeps crashing. Next Step was disabling the turbo mode. Since then Volumio is working . Probably overclocking the PI2 could not be used with some kind of SD-Cards, in fact overclocking the Pi2 is not necessary.

Apart from this Volumio takes much longer to boot, than my Raspbian with MPD an Volumio UI.
(same kind of Sdcard.)
The PI2 has got enough power for Roomcorrection now, I am using MPD and Brutefir (via Pipe-Out) as active Crossover and Roomcorrection. A three way Stereo Setup with 3 different Kinds of Correction only takes 25% on two Cores without overclocking.

Perhaps you think of compiling MPD with „–enable-pipe-out“ in the future.

Regards

Try the following: Delete : force_turbo=1 in cmdline.txt Add these two lines to Config.txt

device_tree_param=i2s=on
device_tree_overlay=overlays/iqaudio-dacplus-overlay.dtb

Do not change something under “I2S” on the “System” -Page afterwards ; i htink there is a Typo in the Script
Under “Playback” you should now be able to choose your card.

Regards

Thnks Alchemist, but that does not work for me the pcm512x module does not seem to load

Sorry try :
device_tree_param=i2s=on
device_tree_overlay=overlays/iqaudio-dacplus

Regards

the right text for config.txt is

gpu_mem=16 hdmi_drive=2 dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus

Do you have this in yours?

Why is “force_turbo=1” there in the first place? Playing audio does not require much CPU power and even if R-Pi is not power hungry, it should be let slow down as necessary.

I have tried a lot of these combinations and none of them seem to work. Force_turbo was not in my config.txt. I wonder if its a problem with the device tree file that has made it incompatible with the Pi 2.

Force Turbo is in cmdline.txt

This is how the Config.txt should look like in my opinion. ( we are talking about two defferent files!!!)

gpu_mem=16
hdmi_drive=2
device_tree_param=i2s=on
device_tree_overlay=overlays/iqaudio-dacplus

Without giving a path to iqaudio-dacplus-overlay.dtb you have to copy this file frome the folder “overlays” to the root of your vfat partiton.

Regards

I have tried various combinations, and changed force_turbo in cmdline.txt but I havent had any luck :frowning:

This is what happens in dmesg:

Did you try the old way? Described at iqaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2 … IO_Doc.pdf under Point 3?

Regards

Unable to perform because the C-media FIX is greyed out unfortunately.

Rasberry pi model 2 with hifiberry digi + and use optical out.

Having so much glitches and noise when playing 24 bit and 192 khz, but 24 bit and 96 khz is ok and have sometimes glitches.

When I sellect downsamping its getting worse anyhow with hick ups and so on. Also tried to select this C-media FIX, but can not sellect, its greyed out!

Is their a solution for this?

I was going to update but I’m lost reading the issues with 1.55.
If you post bug reports or help requests, split CLEARLY the ones for R-Pi from those of R-Pi2: the fact that the name is similar doesn’t make them the same platform. They are different and the threads should be different too.

My findings

with a Pi 2 and Hifiberry DAC+ = unstable
and
with a B+ and Hifiberry DAC+ = rock stable

Hi all,

I’ve just been converted this week to using a Raspberry Pi 2 with a Iqaudio Dac+ using the I2s connection, works perfectly.
I had to wait a couple of days for the Iqaudio Dac so had been using my Arcam rpac dac in usb 2.0 config. This also sounded good it handled 24bit 192khz flac files with no problems and was hot swappable.
But comparing the Iqaudio to the Arcam the Iqaudio wins hands down, tempo, micro detail, dynamics and more space around the sound.
Very pleased indeed.
Thank you very much for all your work on Volumio.

Only a small problem if I have the volume control enabled I will get an occasional dropout, doesn’t happen if disabled.

Duncan

Hi Duncan,
Did you have problems with 24/192 USB audio on RPi1 and your Arcam? I am just wondering if it was upgrading to RPi2 that solved the problem or if there was no proplem in the first place. Cheers.

Hi:
I built a PI2 (Fresh Volumio 1.55 build) with IQaudio DAC + IQaudio Case in about an hour and for the most part things are running fine. Originally I had glitch using the update from 1.5 to 1.55 but started clean in a second attempt.

Had issue with volume control initially not working but resetting Mixer Type to hardware (which is the default) in the playback set-up resolved the issue (other than it not being linear).

The library tab still does not populate though even though I have added and increased the max_playlist_length and other parms.

I have two NAS sources I connect to in testing.
One is a WD MyBookLive and another a UDOO-Quad running OpenMediaVault that I just built with a spare SSD Drive.
Other than the library tab and volume quirk its all good for now.

I do hope this helps. Solving the Library Tab population issue would be great.
Regards,
Dennis

Some more testing of volumio 1.55. All 100% clean installs from scratch:

with a Pi 2 and Hifiberry DAC+ = unstable
with a Pi 2 and IQaudIO DAC+ = unstable
with a B+ and Hifiberry DAC+ = rock stable
with a B+ and IQaudIO DAC+ = rock stable