Tidal no longer available

Volumio virtuoso

Volumio Version: 2.806
Hardware: RPI4
DAC: USB Denafrips Ares II

Had to reboot my router. Tidal no longer available after that. I can log in into Volumio no problems. All looks ok except for Tidal is gone and I can not even find the choice for selecting it in the source menu.

I rebooted, reconfigured Volumio twice fram scratch but no dice.
1 0 17:06 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/sshd -D
volumio 1897 999 0 17:06 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/bin/node /volumio/logsubmit.js ‘no tidal’
volumio 1898 1897 22 17:06 ? 00:00:00 /usr/local/bin/node /volumio/logsubmit.js no tidal
volumio 1952 1898 0 17:06 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/bin/curl -X POST -H ‘Content-Type: multipart/form-data’ -F ‘logFile=@/tmp/logondemand’ -F desc=‘no tidal’ -F ‘variant=volumio’
Here is my log.
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/UFEnvBG.html

ALSO, unrelated to this, a few days ago I lost the functionality search plugins. Nothing is showing up under that menu.

Are you logged into Myvolumio from your device?
If yes, go in sources and check if your credentials for Tidal are still filled
If not, first log into Myvolumio

Thanks balbuze. I am signed in into Myvolumio. When I go to sources, there is nothing about Tidal. I have logged out and back in into Myvolumio several times, no dice.

I meant sources in settings (left side of your screen)

yes, sources in settings. No Tidal sign in sub menu- Gone. It may be helpful to check the log I submitted. I see something about volumio/logsubmit,js ‘no tidal’. Do not know what that means.

The only choices I have in the source settings are…
1-My Music

• Artist
    2-Network drives
    3- Functionality Controls
    4-Album ART Settings
    5- Music Library Settings
    6-Sources Visibility (all on)

No sign of any Tidal. Since I use Volumio just for Tidal streaming, I am dead in the water until someone can help me.

Out of frustration I have also re-installed vers 2.806 without success.

No help for volumio virtuouso customers…2 days no contact. Amateur behavior. Why am I paying for this?

if you are taking money from subscribers you have a duty to provide support… I need help with Tidal.

Hi, I am taking care of it personally. Unfortunately in this period we are not fully operational due to vacations.
Can you please send logs again but paste the log link here?

Also from your profile, is your device active?

Thanks very much. I forgot about the vacation period in europe. Please understand I love Volumio and that I am fully confident you guys will continue to improve it. I use Volumio just to stream Tidal, nothing else.

My rpi4 is enabled.

If it helps I think the problem occurred in conjunction with my hotspot/router reset which I did to troubleshoot a momentary low internet speed.

Here is my log from today…

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/yZ9XCs8.html

I just saw this in my log…not sure what it means.

volumio 11904 1006 0 13:14 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh -c /usr/local/bin/node /volumio/logsubmit.js ‘no tidal’
volumio 11905 11904 18 13:14 ? 00:00:00 /usr/local/bin/node /volumio/logsubmit.js no tidal

Can you please also find out why my search plugin is not longer showing anything? It used to work.

Thanks very much.

I get the feeling it may have to do with my DNS settings? It did coincide with a resetting of the router. Plugins and Tidal both missing. Everything else is working including radios.

Hi @shumi I see you have an Ares II DAC, I have one too. A nice DAC

Are you using USB input or coax?

I use coax as I have an Allo Digione and supposly the SQ from coax is better than noisy USB in the RPI3.

Hi Klavius,
yes an amazing DAC for the money. I am using USB from an RPI4. The USB on an RPI4 has been cleaned up with respect to the RPI3. I am presently using No Oversampling but I also like the OS on some tracks.I have no desire to upgrade for sure. I feed the DAC output to a FREYA plus from Schiit using the tubes stage for excellent synergy.

Michelangelo,
any news? I am dead in the water. Out of frustration I re-flashed Volumio and re-installed. Did not fix it!!!

This is the latest log from a fresh install…

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/Ve7rHz1.html

Guys, this lack of customer support is troubling. I know it is vacation time in Italy, but there should always be someone on duty to service customers. I have submitted tickets, endless logs, and so far, I do not even have a hint of what to do, where to look. Music is very important to me, as a daily ritual. I only stream…Tidal from Volumio and have not been able to do that in days.

I apologize, forgot to subscribe to this topic. Bear with us, in August most of us are enjoying some time off and we do our best but understand that sometimes we don’t do as good as we would…

In your situation I would do 2 things:

• Check if the firewall in the router is active, and in case, disable it
  • Try to set different DNS, like google or open dns

Let me know!

It worked!!! Back in business. Tidal and plug ins are now showing up! I am very happy. As per your recommendations all is did is enable ping www.google.com in my router.

Wow! That’s a very strange thing! I wonder why this settings does the tric on your router…
Maybe if not set it blocks connection to google?