Reclocker (i2s ps jitter)

I ordered the reclocker / DAC form the volumio-shop a few days ago, cannot wait to try it (currently using a HifiBerry DAC Plus). Any idea how long i takes to be delivered (the Netherlands)?

Typically 3 working days from your oder…

What DAC are you using? I would say it’s a firmware glitch of the Kali, but don’t know for sure. Maybe Allo can jump in and tell their thoughts (you’re the only one having this issue, so I guess it’s an edge case with your DAC)

As for the PSU, I must get an oscilloscope to measure PSU ripple (before and after Kali treatment)

I own the rpi3 kali+Piano combo.

Absolutly same problem here. Where is the instruction to this. There are jumpers on the piano.

Kind regards
Karim

@michelangelo, have you seen this by Rob Watts?

chordelectronics.co.uk/files … Class.pptx

OK, it’s to support one of their products but it’s still an interesting point of view,

Chris M

Sorry to report, but i also had this loop during a normal 44.1khz 16bit music playing.

Again, i switched both jumpers on the piano to on (HAT, RPI compability) I dont have changed something on the KALI.
On Volumio there is the :

Output device: CARD
I2S DAC : ON
DAC MODEL: RaspiDACV3

Please find a fix either allo.com or volumio

Just staring at the Kali photo, there’s a HAT switch on it; what does that do?

Chris M

Allo is investigating on the issue, we’ll let you know asap

I have just made some further tests with the e loop bug.
When using piCorePlayer I do not have the issue.
I do not know if this information might help you find a fix.

Thanks

With which version are you using it? What is your DAC? Are you using the raspyplayv3 overlay?

Hi guys,

just bought the allo combo. I’m very interested in the case (but I can’t take part to the contest cause I’m not a designer).

I would like to know what do you think about heatsyncs for the RPI 3. Do you reccomend them?

I’m planning to set up a media center using the wi-fi interface, so i’m a bit concerned about the temperature.

Have a look at raspberrypi.org/forums/view … 63&t=13080 for a reasonable view on this… The overall view appears to be that heatsink sellers say you need them, everyone else does as they feel. The hardware almost certainly doesn’t need them…

Chris M

IMHO an heatsink is absolutely not necessary, especially since with Volumio you’ll get a steady <10% CPU usage…

michelangelo! what is overlay? i am confused

can you explain what is the HAT setting on kali and piano and how to setup?

Do a quick search on this forum and you will be able to find much more information on how driver overlay works on Linux and Volumio.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Overlay: the I2S DAC settings you’ve used (I assume Raspyplayv3, right?)

I did not move any jumper on the Kali, nor any switch. While on the Piano I moved both jumpers to pi compatibility and hat .

Are those your same settings?

hello,
we have been able to replicate this little but annoying pause/loop anomaly in our laboratory and our team is working on a fix.
we will inform you soon…
thank you for supporting and please let us know if you have any other comments.

Rasp3 with the Piano DAC using the latest Volumio 2 beta update.

Kali, Piano, PSU is, arrived today in Japan.

It is a beautiful sound of the strings. Each instrument will be heard in isolation. I have never heard this about the performance of the beautiful violin. I have never heard so much mellow Berlin Philharmonic.
Thank you for a very good product.

please tell me. Kail seems to be a new revision. Set of two DIPSW How do I. The default is OFF even twofold. The sound will come out. RaspberryPi is B +.

Hi MI, as i wrote i only see “RASPIDACV3” in the list and not raspyplayv3 as you wrote. I also checked the /boot/overlays/ folder. No raspyplayv3 there