Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Hi cripsy,
unfortunately only with the new Buster version of Volumio Peppymeter also working with Tidal Connect.
Peppymeter on 2.9x of Volumio only works with the local Tidal-plugin.

@2aCD

Just transitioning from Volumio v2 to v3.
Thus, to report that so far PeppyMeter working fine at v3.xx RC1.

Xant

Dear 2aCD
I am new to Volumio. I really like the peppy meter screen saver.
The display I use has 1280×720 pixel, so the custom_3 set matches only almost…
I tried to make a new custom folder where (at first…) changed some positions of the meters in the confines.txt but nothing changes (even if changed the config of an existing folder).
Do i ned to reinstall the plugin first? is it possible at all to change it?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards Christoph

Hi Waldi,
the active installed plugin is not in /home/volumio. That’s only the install source. The active folder is installed in /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver

Copy the custom_3 folder to a new custom_x folder.
It’s important, that all *ext.jpg inside the folder have the right size for your resolution (1280x720). You can cut the ext.jpg files a little bit (40px on upper area and 40px on lower area) Then subtract from all y-values in meters.txt 40px.
You don’t need a reinstall. The custom folders are read, when the peppy-screensaver starts.

You can give me a hint, if all that is working
:+1:

Thank’s for your help i’ii try…

1 Like

Hi Waldi,
I have now look the resolution 1280x720
its not possible to cut simple. I’ll transform the available meters to this resolution, so that shows correct. The only one that you simple cut is the crystal meter. With this you can try it.

best regards
2aCD

Hello 2aCD

Thanks to your help I already started to make my own designs for the Screensaver, it works well.
Once I am 100% happy with it l will post
some screenshots.
Thank you
Waldi