Plugin Wish List

I’d love to see a Plugin to mix down to mono. I haven’t gotten time to give it a try myself nor am I very good at JS. So, if anyone would jump at it, I’d be happy.

1 Like

Tom,

We are in the process of releasing a small “plug and play” box for my Audiolab designs in the next few weeks that you might be interested in :slight_smile:

Cryptic… but it will make more sense soon :slight_smile:

Hi JohnW,

Thanks for your post, I think I’ve just put 2 and 2 together :wink: :smiley: I’ll keep an eye out for it, please keep me posted.

If you need a beta tester I might know someone :smiley: I have great taste in hi-fi components!

I would really love to see a new interface plugin that has a similar look and feel to AlbumPlayer.
If this is not appealing then how about a plugin so that you could design your own screen layout and functions.
It would be really good if this could also be optimized for touch screen use.

Thanks and keep up the good work

Hi

I’ve implemented this (but not as a plugin). Supports webradio, spotify, and probably everything else volumio can play. Will upload a recipe soon.

Demo video: users.no/index.php/s/IWge1cP8YyFUVL8

Code and instructions posted at [urlhttps://volumio.org/forum/nfc-controlled-t8258.html][/url]

What I would dearly like would be a plugin that makes using the wolfson/cirrus DAC card a simple process.
Its such a good card spec wise ruined by the lack of usability.
I managed to get it working (with some pops) in Volumio 1 but alas cannot get it to work with Volumio 2 even though the drivers are now in Rasbian!

HDMI control of AV receiver. It is pretty easy to do from command line, but I have no coding experience.

I want mainly two functionalities:

A) On / Standby in a similar way the Amplifier Switch plugin does. Probably it is pretty easy to integrate there, I’m trying to work my head around that.

B) AV Volume control, so you can set Mixer to None and use the UI buttons of Vol Up, Vol Down and Mute for controlling this options on the AV receiver.

Can you provide commands to do it?

1 Like

For this to work, you will need to install libcec and cec-client. Also,

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/vc/lib

Some example CEC commands:

Volume Up: echo “tx 45:44:41” | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
Volume Down: echo “tx 45:44:42” | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
Mute: echo “tx 45:44:43” | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
Set AV Receiver to standby: echo “standby 5” | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
Set AV Receiver to On: echo “on 5” | cec-client RPI -s -d 1

Additional options: echo h | cec-client RPI -s -d 1
Scan devices: echo scan | cec-client RPI -s -d 1

I need to work more on it to find workarounds to some issues , if those workarounds exists:

• cec-client is quite slow when used this way -single command issued from command line-. If you run cec-client and type the commands there, it is much faster.
  • I haven’t found separate functions for mute and unmute, forcing to track the device status
  • Volume currently can only be change by steps, no set up i.e. to percents.

Sources:

blog.gordonturner.com/2016/12/1 … pberry-pi/
cec-o-matic.com/

PS: tx 45:71 will ask the AV Receiver for its mute status and volume in a 0-99 range. The reply is three hex values, with third one holding the info. I haven’t found a command to do the oppose and set the volume to a 0-99 range value. Do not run this with the -d 1 parameter of the reply won’t appear.

It would be great to have a Rotary Encoder volume and power down plugin, for Christmas. Particularly for the IQ Audio DAC + Pro, but I guess this could probably be used more widely?

Hopefully Gordon would be able to help with this.

I find that if internet access drops out then playback never recovers until I manually perform a pause then play. Eg for webradio. I was thinking of a python script to monitor volumio state, and if getstate “service”==“webradio” but wlan0 rx data rate is below a threshold then attempt API pause, play. But it’s on the boundary of my programming skills.

Mysql plugin for music library on NAS.

Suggestion for the first supported database format: Kodi.

Example: many have a NAS/server with their movies and music on it, possibly also running mysql with a Kodi library database on it.
It would be nice if volumio could connect to this NAS and database.

Hi Michelangelo,

Volumio is full of usefull and stable features. I really love the clean and straight UI and the reliability of the whole system.
Some little sugestions (like displaying the streaming quality when listening to web radio) might be nice.

To be honest, if support for Intel SST (Atom Z3800) hda audio streaming to HDMI would work in the next version, I could easily wait a long time for any new feature or plugin. =;) I would be happy to perform any test here on my hardware platform to support you during development and solving the problem with intel architecture.

Cari saluti,
Robert

Awesome work, loving Volumio, thanks to all who’ve contributed.
Happy as it is, but as there’s opportunity to put my wish list forward here it is:

Soundcloud
Mixcloud
And I 2nd the previous requests for playlist import, Google play and bbc iplayer.

A great feature would be adding advanced commands in the Raspberry pi Touch official plugin:

• brightness level
  • back light on/off
  • screen rotate
  • contrast level

This would be useful for many different users and installations.
Thank you

IDAGIO, streaming service for classical music. A plugin for this would be great! idagio.com

Hi all,
I am currently using a miniDSP with a dedicated “Ambiophonics” plugin. This means that, after D-to-A (output from any DAC-Hat), the signal is get into miniDSP analog inputs (nope, there is no other way with that plugin: it was designed specifically for that miniDSP model, and there is no possibility of gettinginto the board in digital, I already asked about it to the technical staff at miniDSP), converted to digital, processed in the digital domain -several adjustments are available in the miniDSP plugin + Equalizer- and then back again to analog.
Some months ago I suggested, as a plugin, an XTC (CrossTalk Cancellation) for a 3D sound, perhaps, on “ambiophonics” or any other algorithm for that purpose: to avoid any unnecessary double D-to-A, A-to-D-DSP-D-to-A.

Probably my suggestion was understood that I was a programmer and I could do it… which, unfortunately, this is not the case at all: I have no idea about programming.
However, I have searched for any information about this that could help to any programmer here and I could find this…
http://jamoma.org/tutorials/modules/modules/jmod.sur.race~.html
…this https://github.com/tomxi/race
…and also this https://github.com/Wilsonwaterfish/CrossTalkCanceller

Hope the above infoS may be useful to any “brave” here…
With loudspeaker set-up properly the effect can really be amazing, up to the point that, when going back to “normal stereo”, that sounds as “mono”! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions!
And… stay tuned… there is some work in this direction :wink:

:astonished: …wow… those are great news! I’m pretty sure that many users will be amazed with that plugin! Thank you!!!