[PLUGIN] Bandcamp Discover

Thank you for contributing and supporting this plugin. I have been using it regularly for many months and it has given me a lot of great discovery listening and led to a good number of purchases from Bandcamp…

Cheers,

Kevin

OK, should be working now. Please follow Github instructions to update the plugin.

Glorious! Thanks for the fix.

This plugin has just been included in the Volumio plugin store. You can install / update from there.

Fantastic plugin! Thanks.

Thank you for the great work, it’s working ok for me.
I cannot find all the stuff of some bands (i.e. sometimes the results are overwhelming with “shows” that may include the artist name) but I suppose I’ve just scratche the surface.
Will update, thanks again!

Were you referring to search results?

If I remember correctly, the Bandcamp site didn’t provide the option to search by item type (artists, albums, tracks…) at the time the plugin was conceived. I just noticed that they do provide that option now, so I’ll see if I can integrate that into the next version.

Will you publish it for Volumio3 as well?

I have already submitted the plugin to Volumio 3 store, along with my other plugins. You can check the PRs here:

https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins-sources/pulls

2 Likes

Plugin updated to display search results by item type (Artists & Labels, Albums and Tracks). To switch back to undifferentiated results, turn off “Display Search Results By Item Type” in plugin settings.

I have submitted the plugin to both Volumio 2 and 3. I’m not sure if the plugin repo is still maintained for Volumio 2 - @balbuze can advise?

For Volumio 3…well, hopefully we will see it soon in the plugin store.

Volumio 2 plugin are still updated. Just need to have the time :wink:
But I’ll do it ASAP

Take your time~

Just wanted to know if I should still submit PRs to that repo

Just wanted to post here to say, love this plugin! Can finally search around bandcamp and stream new music from my good amp / speakers instead of my PC or phone.

I know you have previously said bandcamp ui and auth for accounts is crap, i wonder if we can petition to them to make it more avail so we can stream our libraries.

thanks for the hard work!

Do they have a forum where you could bring this up with them? On the other hand, I very much doubt they would be interested. Many years ago, before I came to the scene, there was a Bandcamp API that actually allowed music discovery (finding albums, artists, etc.). Today it has been restricted to merchs and labels managing their inventory and orders, so it is not aimed at consumers.

It appears to me that they want people to just use their website or app. Perhaps they can better track your listening habits that way (just saying…)

Hello.
Thanks for that pluggin, and happy christmas =)
I’m having an issue with the pluggin as you can see on that image.
I dont know how can i help to fix it.
Please, let me know :slight_smile:

Merry Christmas too!

Check the version of your plugin. Latest should be 0.1.3.

First enable Plugins Test Mode in http://<your volumio address>/dev:

Then go to the plugin store and uninstall the current version. Do not choose Update because that doesn’t really update the plugin to the latest beta. Then click the Details button for the plugin and you should see:

Choose “Install v0.1.3 (beta)”.

After installation, Restart your Volumio. If you don’t restart, Volumio will load the old plugin files and you will still get the broken output.

Ok, thanks, i was using 0.1.2
Following your instructions solved the issue. Perfect !
Thanks for your quick reply, your amazing work and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Edit : I’ve just realised i got the same issue with Mixcloud and Soundcloud, and solved it the same way.

1 Like

Loving the plugin. Just one question: is it really giving me 24 bit audio as my iPad and Android Volumio apps say? I thought Bandcamp streams were limited to low Res MP3 or is that only on their own website/app?

Thanks.

What version are you on? v0.1.3 should be displaying the bitrate instead of bit-depth / sample rate as the latter is quite misleading (although “24-bit” is what’s reported by MPD).

Version 0.1.2 as that is all that Volumio 3.233 is offering me.

However, regardless of display, I am just asking if I am getting the same audio format fed to my RPi as I would get previewing tracks from the BC website on my PC for example?