[PLUGIN] 80s80s & 90s90s radio

Many thanks for your help.

I will stop here with this plugin and using it as it is. Just engoy the music.

Hello,
I have continued to improve this plugin over last few days and now it behaves better, itā€™s working on raspberrypi with Volumio2.7x. I modified 3 files:
config.json: ā€˜numberā€™ for the apiDelay variable (it was ā€˜stringā€™).
radio_stations.json: update of urls streams (in ā€˜m3uā€™ as Volumio does in its radio plugin) and apidata urls, in https.
index.js: I changed logic to form track infos, itā€™s more simple, I fixed functions that crashed the ā€˜frontendā€™ using play / pause / vol + / vol- / mute, duration of song is now a number, because badly formed, it was the cause of ā€˜currentSeekā€™ uncontrolled increase value and the 100% cpu after a while ā€¦
The ā€˜setTimeout missedā€™ error comes from slowness of the 80s80s radio streams server to respond to mpd requests when it synchronizes its state : CoreStateMachine function of Volumio then assigns duration of song to ā€˜currentSeekā€™ and displays 2 ā€˜errorā€™ lines in the satus of Volumio, these are more info than errors and are not blocking.
The plugin only has a marginal role in this: the duration of song has to be a number like ā€˜currentSeekā€™.
80s80s.zip (3.6 MB)

Hi,
Thanks for your update.
I have Ʈnstalled in buter beta but nothing happens on I press play.
@balbuze could you pls review the plugin and maybe you have an ideea why is not working on buster beta, because seems to be great.

Edit : I have restarted the pi and it is ok. I will test a few days and let you know. It will be great to uploaded. To be an oficial plugin.
@Fybrox my best regards :).
Thanks

Hi,
Please find what I have seen during testing.

1. The plugin install ok.
  2. No more ui hanging from phone. Seek value is not anymore concatenated.
  3. If I press play, the radio station starts to play and sound is routed to the speakers.
  4. After a few minutes the sound is stopped , the screen is set to paused but when I check the volumio status is says: play . Even if the music is not heard on speakers the album art is changing on the display .
    From the next log it can be observed that I have stopped the radio the screen saver is activated but after a while the display is on , music appear as playing but it not played ā€¦ then I press play again , the music is started then after a while music is stopped again
    http://logs.volumio.org/volumiobuster/bbHKYuP.html

@balbuze Maybe you can help here if on volumio 2.x is working but not on buster beta . @Fybrox Kindly pls confirm that on V2.x this is not reproduced .

Edit : updated to v 3.074 and I am listening for 3 hours and issue is not reproduced.

Regards ,
Florin

Hi,
I experienced the same probleme.
Suddenly the music is stop but the volumio status shows as playing. No more sound on speakers and the spectrum is not shown on mpd oled display. It is not stopped because the watch is not shown.
Ǝn order to fix this I need to ssh and do volumio stop the volumio play.
This is caused by plugin or mpd?
Regards

Hi @Lintbf,
Here is a 30min extract of the status of Volumio from the radio selection in the library, you will notice that the behavior of the plugin is not the same as on your log. logs.txt (59.8 KB)
I have no sound cutting problem, itā€™s smooth on a Volumio in v2.714 on raspberrypi and on another in v2.773 on x86, they produce the same logs.
I just found that pausing song was shifting metadata, here is the updated file to fixes that. index.zip (4.4 KB)
Iā€™m sorry for you, maybe you should test in v2.x if you want to have this plugin while waiting for the release of Volumio v3.

Hi fybrox,
You do not need to be Sory :).
I am glad that I can test and I found also some bugs :).
Regarding the drops, it did not happen much last week but I have observed something :%, when the drops appear I press the ā€œnextā€ icon, the music is stopped completely meaning that in volumio status I see stop, then if I press play again the radio station is started. I do not need to change to another radio.
@balbuze. I will include the updated files and post the zip file. Pls uploaded it.
Regards

Can you send a PR on github? Thanks

I do not know how to use github, I do not have an account. Sorry.

[ edited ] had the same issue the last daysā€¦ can confirm @Lintbf issue

My 0.2 cents ā€“ most of us here (@balbuze and me) are doing the best they can in their free time, so donā€™t expect us to do the heavy lifting for things that donā€™t directly appeal to us :wink:

I would implore everyone to use these opportunities to learn new skills, it will come in handy in the long run ā€“ after all you are spending quite some time tinkering around with Volumio! Github has some great documentation if you are willing to give it a shotā€¦

As the old adage says,
ā€œGive a man a fishplugin and you feedoccupy him for a day. Teach a man to fishgit and you feed keep him occupied him for a lifetimeā€

Thanks ash,
I will do an account and try to use github.

I have attached the zip file with the fix from Fybrox included ,
80s80s.zip (3.6 MB)
Regards

2 Likes

Hello guys, welcome all!
I wanted to ask one question under this topic.
Just installed the 80s80s plugin and found that artworks are not following the songs in the Volumio portal. Artworks are chanking much later and with random frequency- even 2 songs after.
This is happening under different RPis, like RPi 4B/8GB or even RPi 5/8GB, so performance should not be the issue.
Any clue on how to improve that?
Regards