This topic is about the 80s80s plugin which allows to play radio streams of the german radio service 90s90s.de
All channels are dedicated to the 80s or 90s and offer pop music channels with either mixed genres (Pop, Love, Dance) or dedicated 24/7 channels of artists like Depeche Mode and others.
- listening to 19 different streams in mp3 (192 kbps)
- 24/7 channels of David Bowie, Prince, Michael Jackson, Depeche Mode
- metadata with cover, artist, title, album
- default station cover if no album cover available
- last.fm scrobble (needs slight modifications in the last.fm plugin)
The plugin is available from the music service plugin section in the GUI
The plugin should run quite stable, tested on Raspberry Pi 3 and Zero W.
The API which delivers the metadata information is not 100% reliable though. It has quite a huge delay of ~30 seconds. This can be modified in the settings of the plugin (default: 30 sec). Some channels have news every full hour and for this time frame, the API delivers a wrong song which is not played. It should sync after the news automatically.
Even though these are german channels on lots of them there is not a lot moderation/spoken parts so it should be quite suitable for non german speakers as well.