[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

This is not a fix. This just a cleaning… Check if loopback is available in aplay -L
Check if /etc/asound.conf includes what is in /around in plugin folder.
You have to run v3.045 at least.
I’m not near my Rpi, I can’t check now.
Last point, node modules are up to date in the zip.

I have edited the asound file with my phone…
Remove the one in plugin folder/asound and place this one. Disable and renable the plugin to update config.
I hope I haven’t miss something. Or I’ll see tonight.volumioalsa.postalsa.5.conf.txt (712 Octets)
Remove .txt at.the end of the name
Edit : It should fix your problem with spectrum. It worked in my case with previous conf because peppymeter was installed…

Hi,

Thanks for the updates! Here’s my findings so far:

• Plugin works with the old mpd.conf method
  • Running Volumio 3.051
  • /etc/asound.conf has been automatically updated with the contents of the file volumioalsa.postalsa.5.conf
  • Loopback device is loaded fine aplay -l
  • The plugin CAVA input source is: alsa,hw:Loopback,1
  • Audio stream not getting to CAVA/no visualizer

Cheers
Mase

Do not mix both method (mpd.conf) and alsa conf. Change the file as explained above

I changed mpd.conf to test that CAVA works last night.

Currently mpd.conf is unchanged and alsa.conf has the new config.

And? Does it work?

No, it doesn’t :frowning:

I retest tonight. Yesterday, it was with a rpi3 and headphone as output. Played with webradio.

I’m using headphones out too.
I can play an mp3 on local storage fine.
When I enable the plugin the audio stops and mpd.conf is updated.

I found my (stupid) error…
past this two files in plugin folder (index.js and in ./asound/volumioalsa.postalsa.5.conf (remove any other file in thiis folder)mpd.zip (5,9 Ko)

All files are up to date and asound.conf has been automatically updated.

Still no equaliser :frowning: or audio though

Short info : I have updated via test mode to v 3.054 and all installed plugins are retained and working : touch display, peppymeter, spotify.

My setting is alsa,hw:Loopback,1
Can you check?

Mine is same alsa,hw:Loopback,1

Really I don’t understand… I packaged the version running on my RPI mpd_oled.zip (3,5 Mo)

1 Like

Hello ,
I have also installed the plugin. The plugin installed OK but no spectrum is shown during playing .
i have an usb dac
aplay_output.txt (5.3 KB)

Thanks

It is working, I have set CAVA to ON in the plugin settings. I have thought that this is on by default.
I have changed dtparam=i2c_arm_baudrate=400000. it was 80000…
Spotify and web radio is OK :slight_smile: Spectrum is shown

Peppy meter and CAVA are not working in parallel. This is possible to implement ?
i have disabled the CAVA from plugin option , soectrum is not shown but in that case neither meters are shown ,
So in order to have peppy meter I need ti uninstall the mpd oled ?
Thanks

I installed the files in the zip but it still didn’t work.

I noticed MPD errors when looking in the logs

Mar 10 20:43:32 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Mar 10 20:43:32 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Mar 10 20:43:37 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket
Mar 10 20:43:37 volumio3 volumio[17787]: error: MPD error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED /run/mpd/socket

The default CAVA audio source is OFF because the source is pipe directly out of MPD. The custom source of alsa,hwLoopback,1 tells the plugin to use the loopback device.

I don’t think CAVA and peppy can run in parallel because currently the ALSA configuration, it’s either one or the other and they’re both using the loopback device.

Just disable the plugin you don’t want.

I have disabled the mpd oled and peppy is working .
The watch remains active even if mod oled is off. this is ok no ? because I would like that watch remains active even if mpd oled is disabled ,
many thanks