[NOT RECOMENDED!] Plugin and Tweaks Adventures on Buster Betas

Sory for being annoying but how can I download all files from github. I saw on net that shouod be a button : download as zis but I can not find it.
Thanks.

easier…
unzip, install as usual : spop.zip (1,7 Mo)
I suggest to stop talking about Spotify in this thread :wink:

thanks. it is working :slight_smile: and peppy + spotify of course

i did not know where should I post it so I will post here .
Spotify connect does not work in buster version , Kindly please see the logs, I know that buster does not support plugins ,buster_beta_spotify_connect_failed1.txt (8.2 KB)

@Lintbf I moved all your posts from various threads here with a big disclaimer that this isn’t recommended at this stage.
It might be an option to use the discord channel for this kind of stuff until plugins are officially supported :slight_smile:

Try using the fixes from for the new ALSA configuration from

I’ve only tested for a few devices, seems to work for my simple cases :wink:

Hi,
Can I install this plugin in buster beta version?
Thanks

1 Like

Yes, someone has tried it and it works.

I have install it but when I open the plugin it says with red pls install a newer version or updated one and not settings are shown.
Thanjs

Do you have a screenshot? Maybe @Darmur can shed some light on this? He has tested this version.

Soryy, it appear in the right corner. Then it did not appear. Just no settings in plugin window.

Does mpd_oled work on its own? What instructions did you follow to install mpd_oled?

Hi ,
On Volumio2 the mpd oled is working . Now I have shifted to buster version and try ti install also the binary package from mpd_oled/install_volumio2_deb.md at master · antiprism/mpd_oled · GitHub but if gives me an error and I posted in mpd oled thread .

You’re installing the latest version of mpd_oled. You don’t need to do this and it might be what is causing your problem. If you can’t run mpd_oled in standalone then it won’t work with the plugin.

The plugin uses a slightly older version which lots of people have now tested.

Try deleting the mpd_oled and CAVA folders and install the plugin using these steps (it will download and install an older version of mpd_oled from my repository)

wget https://github.com/supercrab/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled/mpd_oled.zip
mkdir ./mop
miniunzip mpd_oled.zip -d ./mop
cd ./mop
volumio plugin install
volumio vrestart
cd ..
rm -Rf mop
rm -Rf mpd_oled.zip

Hello,
This is the error I receive.

Does mpd_oled run in standalone mode?
See if you can find the error in the logs with journalctl -f and try replecating the error.

Hi ,

Please find the log when try to stop and start the plugin .
mpd_oled_plugin_error1.txt (8.1 KB)
Thanks

It looks like it’s an issue with node not liking one of the modules. I don’t have Volumio 3 installed at the moment. Have a look here:

You might be able to fix it by doing this in the folder /data/plugins/miscellanea/mpd_oled

rm -rf node_modules/sleep
 npm install

or maybe

npm rebuild sleep --update-binary

or

npm uninstall sleep && npm install sleep

Let me know if this works or not. If it doesn’t then you’re probably better off install volumio 2 since it’s pretty stable and plugins are supported!

Hi supercrab,

I still have to test the plugin on Buster, but I think the issue is with different node version, as you reported

There is a reason why plugins were disabled on the new ^3.040 versions :wink:

It uses a new Nodejs version which means all native node modules need to be rebuilt. So plugin devs need to rebuild the plugin for this new Node version and then make a new pluign.zip

If you want to manually install plugins still on the new Buster betas, you will need a figure out all the build dependencies of the plugin and rebuild them.

tl;dr
Ensure you have gcc/g++ compilers installed and then run

cd /data/xxx/yyy/plugin
mv ./node_modules ./node_modules_v8
npm install --no-package-lock --only=production
2 Likes

Hi here!
I’ve got a working version this plugin working in BUSTER with all sources. It uses new alsa pipeline. No mpd modif…
I post here asap :wink:

2 Likes