New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

Guys, give them a break… Don’t all jump ship!

They are a small team, and are super busy since May! Plus they have new hardware to launch…

If only there was an older working connect plugin they could revert to while this one is being made perfect… :roll_eyes: especially for people who prefer control from Spotify’s apps…

Agreed, like I said, it works fine for my purposes and I like messing around with it :grinning:

1 Like

I second that, @volumio did a great job urgently fixing it so that it is at least working!! Also Pandora, web radio, mpd, Tidal, qobuz all seem to be working well and Manifest UI is now free. Awful lot of integrations for a free service!!

Awful :thinking:?

Maybe GlennBurnett is Dutch? and took a bad translation for “vreselijk veel” :smile:

1 Like

Yes in the UK - “awfully good” and “an awful lot of” is everyday language and can mean “very good” or “a lot of”

it is confusing because in English the adjective awful can mean both good as in pleasant and enjoyable as well as to dislike or not very good.

2 Likes

Thanks @Steve1 , you are correct, "awful lot of” is an English phase for very good. Sorry for the inconsiderate use of the English centric phrase. All intentions were intended to be positive.

3 Likes

Any news about a new version of the spotify plugin?

2 Likes

Hi, sorry is this plugin working ?
my problem ist cant start the songs /
my logfile:
info: CoreCommandRouter::volumioPlay
info: CoreStateMachine::play index undefined
info: CoreStateMachine::setConsumeUpdateService undefined
info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 7
info: CoreStateMachine::startPlaybackTimer
info: CorePlayQueue::getTrack 7
info: [1667767961793] ControllerSpotify::clearAddPlayTrack
info: Setting this device active
error: Failed to Set Device Active: Error: Not Found Device ID: 74fe1144089a442250910ee4d2ffbc0e5f6e3058

2 Likes

because no one has an idea what it could be why the songs can not be started (play). I’ve tried everything now and it’s very frustrating

A clean install of Volumio 3.378, plugin is 3.0.6. Spotify Connect starts playing from my mobile phone but after 5…10…15 minutes stops. At this moment I can’t find VOLUMIO in the device list, it becomes availale after few minutes and then I can start playing again. What should I do to get stable work?

if I may ask? But songs can be started/played? Even if they stop again, I can’t even do that :frowning:

1 Like

oh wow, i have the same pi 4 b with hifiberry dac but i cant start songs. Its so bad looks nice but not working :confused:

At start up spotify plays no problem then suddenly - it carrries on playing but no sound

If I save my I2S setting for allo digione then it starts playing again with sound

No issues playing off my hard drive

I hope this helps or it is just my system

Thanks for all the hard work

Hi everyone, I have 4 x R Pis and using the latest Spotify plugin.

I have a premium Spotify account, and each player has their individual logon to Spotify.
They play a playlist and are set to repeat playlists, so an infinite loop.

The players will last about a day playing the playlist, then just stop. Some need to restart, some need the plugin turned off, then logged back into Spotify, then find the playlist, hit play and repeat, and it works for another day or so.

Is there any work around or way to reboot them daily and play the last playlist?

Thanks a bunch.

Hi,

you could plan the restart in a cron job and use the autostart plugin to start the last used playlist.

br
Josef

Indeed, like this thread is awfully quiet about the current status of the plugin :crazy_face:

But on a serious note, is someone actually working on the Spotify integration?

It would be nice for the guys at Volumio to provide some info, users can then find workarounds…

Currently it looks like abondonware.

1 Like

I agree that non working plugin should be removed from stable branch of plugin manager after a couple of weeks, it would make things more transparent and understandable, furthermore for service not officialy supported
For ALL the rest covering all complaints of volumio non working service, as a temporary solution at least, just install dstmmix from beta plugin store, install local player plugin within LMS to connect your soundcard to LMS end enjoy a fully reliable music renderer with absolutely every music service that exist working like a charm including local file, radios and spotify/tidal/Qobuz
In addition you will get smart playlist,automation, multiroom, chromecast bridge, music on start … with never a crash !!
:call_me_hand:

What is funny is that I could post this on 20 last “plugin section” topics , but I won’t :sweat_smile:

Where to find it?