New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

we will get there, just let me know how it goes.

Hey - this is not a topic here if the wonderful peppymeter is working - this is thought of if Spotify is workung reliable at all.

Please move your comments to a peppymeter topic.

Thank you

the question is, how we two, could be able to contribute without knowledge of their new - appearently - supercomplicated API without help of Spotify support ???

Gude Middag
Josh

wenn schon, dann richtig “Goede middag”, aber in dem Fall “Goedenavond” :blush:

Well, I am currently not going to do extensive programming in my free time as it will interfere with my daily job. It’s about 4 hours coding per day to be effective. Longer will only result in additional debugging.
maybe when 3 big projects are delivered, i might have time for it, but then we are already in mid 2023.

As far as I can tell/see the skipping is bound to the used librespot API (so not the Spotify API). As I see more reports online for the same issue.
As i already mentioned before, for Spotify connect (looking at LMS) they work around it by not pushing the full playlist, but 1 track at the time.
This will however not solve the skipping part when opening Spotify within Volumio.

see my reply #276

ok - bedankt - ik probeer beter te zijn - dat was gratis - nu met deepl

thanks - that may hopefully help Michelangelo and his team

Hey - ich habe einen Chef aus Dänemark und kenne das nur von der Aussprache her - aha.

Na denn goedenavond

…and for all the others “good evening”

Best Regads / vriendelijke groeten

Josef

Yes, this problem of PeppyMeter needles don’t move relates to the new Spotify plugin for Volumio 3. It wasn’t a problem with the previous plugin for Volumio 2.

By the way, you can skip my post if you don’t feel that it doesn’t belong in this thread but I think there are people that having the same issue and would like to know how Wheaten got it to work. :slight_smile: :laughing:

Still, please continue this in the correct topic. Peppy is not an approved plugin and has it’s own topic.

Can you describe the circumstance that brought volume to 100? Some safetyl measures are already there, but since it did not work in your case, explaining carefully what brought to this situation would help fixing it

today or yesterday my spotify connect2 plugin stopped working. I deinstalled the old spotify plugin. installed the new voumio 3.324 and reboted. then i installed the new one 3.0.3. spotify plugin. I see the raspi with volumio now but:

a) when i try to connect/stream from mobile phone it connects but stops playing immediately.
b) in the spotify interface in volumio i see the error: “WebapiError: API rate limit exceeded”

my mobile is on android 10.

So, there is no working spotify plugin at all in volumio now as I see. ???

The thing is there hadn’t been noticable circumstances - we listened to Spotify the whole morning- restarted a couple of times when Spotify stopped to work and sometimes had these sudden volume changes - it went up and down randomly and - if not steered against - stopped the woodoo with a high volume.

Not nice - but we controlled it manually and lived with that, because we wanted to listen to a certain playlist.

Music was playing - colleagues went to lunch - and i had to leave for 5 minutes
When i came back into the office - our CEO was waiting for me - in the meantime the volume had switched to superloud and he was kind of disappointed if we are doing Disco here…

For my luck he is interested in music and i was able to explain that there is a big issue with the Spotify plugin currently- he is no technician - and since apparently nobody can explain what’s going on here he accepted my apologies :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We stopped using Spotify at work now - and even more bad we encountered a “volume boost” also with a web radio station 2 days ago

I uninstalled the v303 now - and the Vodoo behavior seems to be gone - will report next week

I hope you will find someone able to fix our Spotify

Btw: Are you in contact with Spotify to help with that ?

Good luck and good ideas for us all

Best Regards
Josef

P.s. latest official Volumio version of course…

If that ever happen again, any info you can provide about what was happening will be useful. Of course, if you manage to send a log, that would be even better.

One thing I’ve been thinking, is that the new plugin has also the connect capability, so everyone in your network with Spotify app installed, would manage to control it. Do you think that is a possibility?

Thanks for reporting. Seems that now that lot of people use this plugin, we are hitting rate limits. This will cause 30 seconds of unavailability of the API.
So, it’s a temporary problem that it will solve by itself in 30 seconds.

On our side, we will reduce the amount of calls done to Spotify API to prevent Volumio hitting those limits

YET ANOTHER UPDATE

Just to make it clear: we won’t stop until the Spotify plugin is PERFECT. Our goal is to make the BEST implementation available. It’s not going as fast as we would like, but we are devoting all the time we can to do it.

It turns out that to achieve a 100% reliable implementation, we also need some modifications to the vollibrespot daemon and so we are going to do that.

Lot of other small fixes have been done this week, and a new plugin version will be released next week. In the meantime, your reports are very useful to us, so please keep on reporting and VERY IMPORTANT send logs after your issue occurs

6 Likes

I understand. But this is a problem for the Browsing in Volumio itself. My other and more important problem with the plugin itself is unsolved? And there is no other plugin to install. So no way to use spotify at the moment?

Yes, plugin works.

Safest way:

• Install the new plugin (do not install the old plugin alongside it)
  • Do not login into spotify (or log out if you already did it)
  • Control playback from Spotify app (Spotify Connect mode)

That’s it

to avoid those limtis, you can bypass them by adding your personal app key as temp. solution.

That’s not possible.
But we already identified the cause and there will be a fix soon.
In any case, even if you get this error about rate limit, after 30 seconds it will fix by itself