New Volumio Spotify Plugin Open Beta-Testing

No solutions and or options?

I have already re imaged the system and still have the same behavior and error.

No solution yet, working on it.

Few questions

What is your system name?
How many Volumio you have on your network?
What is your spotify account type?

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

I wasn’t sure if this was under somebodies attention.

The system name is Volumio.
Currently I only have one system active and also one system registered at Spotify.

The account type is Premium Individual

Hi @volumio,

I’ve retested it on a clean install and indeed it seems to have solved the Spotify connect problem with Android. Only thing left is the random skipping.

Thank you so much, I didn’t understand that this plugin works only for Volumio 3.
Today I’m gonna install Volumio 3 and try again

Same issue!

2 Likes

Nah, you can also use it on Volumio 2…

Can download it from https://github.com/volumio/volumio-plugins/blob/0310d88db30a7778dadfb37d90a94ea466deb73c/plugins/volumio/armhf/music_service/spop/spop.zip?raw=true

Or use this and install with volumio plugin install
spop.zip (6.8 MB)

I installed Volumio 3, I logged in with my account but in the “Plugins” section I do not see the Spotify plugin. I only see the Fusion Dsp plugin.

Below is the screenshot:

Click “Music Services”

1 Like

Please don’t support people to run it on Volumio2. Even though it can work, it won’t be supported. And for sure will make a mess in this support topic.

1 Like

I didn’t have Volspotconnect2 installed.

I have done what you said and it seems to be working.

Thanks

Not me mate, that commit is from the official Volumio repository, so they obviously tested it and support it on v2…

Sorry, my bad, you’re correct, it’s indeed placed in the V2 repo. Confusing

Problems with Spotify playlists using the 3.0.3 Spotify plugin

Found multiple issues while trying to play songs from Spotify Playlists

1 Songs do not start to play (on the log, I found “too many requests” about at the time this happened).

There are also UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning warnings on the log.

2 If you listen to playlist A for a while and then Press play on Playlist B, sometimes the first song from playlist B is played correctly, but sometimes the first song of the playlist is skipped completely.

If the first song gets skipped, the queue gets corrupted as well. Click play on a song X on the queue and song X doesn’t start playing. Instead the song after X in the queue starts playing.

3 Log file for this problem: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0DkYMQ9.html Sometimes only the first second of the song is played, before Volumio starts playing the next song. Here is a log file, where Volumio skips multiple songs after playing the song for only a little while. It’s also nearly impossible to hit pause, when the skipping starts happening.

4 The queue sizes seems to be limited to 100 songs. I have a playlist for system testing/calibration which has 169 songs. Volumio only adds the first 100 songs to the queue.

Volume normalisation does not work for me. I can´t turn it on. Not a big issue for me as I don´t use it. Just for knowledge

No I was wrong, the Android phone doesn’t see Volumio, tried last night and again today.

The PC’s are still good though, but I hardly use the PC’s for playing music.

Hey Wheaten, I just did a clean install with v 3.324 as well but Peppy-meter needles still don’t move. Is there a specific set up that I don’t know of? :slight_smile:

RPi4/8GB
Dac - Topping D90MQA
Volumio v3.324
Spotify 3.0.3
PeppyMeter 1.3.0

nope, it’s just installing:

• Volumio V3.324
  • Configure Volumio (Volume control is set to none)
  • Reboot
  • Install Spotify + Configure
  • Reboot
  • Install Touchscreen + Configure
  • reboot
  • Install PeppyMeter + Configure
  • Reboot

Hardware:

• rPi4-8GB, rev 1.4
  • Allo Digone or NAD D3045 or Project Pre Box S2 Digital

And for me it works without any issues. I even have installed MPD_OLED to the same system.

Running system:

Volumio version:

Plugins:

and no it still doesn’t work reliable. Please do futher testing.

The bad thing is i recommendet Volumio to further friends and colleagues. This still has to be fixed:

• uncontrolled stop of the queue (and only with good luck it can be restarted after a reboot)
  • certainly upcoming skipping titles issue (as mentioned above)
  • certain changes in volume control (which is especialliy superbad if if the CEO comes into our office and suddenly the volume changes to 100%)

If that cannot be fixed in time i will have to change at least the office system to another (known) solution.

Today i got weird text from the colleagues when i a was arriving with a Volumio T-shirt.

I am very amused that we are allowed to listen to a good system here in the office - but this way it is a no go and i will have to find another way.

Best Regards
Josef

p.s. in case spotify does not support the volumio team i will cancel my spotify account and rely on my good old CD and Vinyl collection - please tell them

Okay, thanks. I will redo it again with your orders. I did the opposite way by starting the Touchscreen → PeppyMeter → Spotify.