Lost Tidal connect after update

Don’t be too hard on yourself :wink: Good news is that you can try it for free and if you like it, then you can continue to support us :wink:

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve been having problems using Tidal Connect on Volumio 3.449 lately. After starting to play the first track, I lose connection to Volumio, and in the Tidal application, active and working Volumio disappears from the list of available devices. Disabling and re-enabling the Tidal Connect option in the sources tab in Volumio helps temporarily. In addition, from time to time the playback via Tidal Connect freezes during the song, I checked my wi-fi network and I have a speed of 35-50 Mbps and the Raspberry Pi4 with Volumio is wired to the router and has a maximum speed of up to 330 Mbps limited only by hardware by RPi4.
After restarting Volumio, the problem returns.

I did a factory reset on Volumio and it didn’t help.
Do I have to do a clean install of Volumio all over again, or is the problem bigger and known to the Volumio team?

I don’t know if this issue is due to the last update, but I experience the same Tidal connect issue. I’m running on Volumio 3.449 and on the PC and on my iPhone the Tidal connect option disappears. Even in one test occasion I had a Tidal connection and could control the next song feature, The app did not show that I was connected. Selected play to iPhone and I could not switch back to Tidal connect anymore.

Turning the Tidal connect service off and on again will solve the issue for 95% of the times, and sometimes I need to reboot to get it to work again. No such issues with the Spotify connect service!

Any idea how to debug this one?
Volumio 3.449 on a pi4, fresh factory reset
Hard wired (turned wireless off)
Running these plug-ins:

• FusionDSP
  • Now Playing
  • Touch Display
  • Spotify
  • YouTube Cast Receiver

I’ve upgraded Volumio to the latest dev release and that seemed to help and for a while I had a stable Tidal connect service, but too bad it is faulty again.

I will start with a fresh image since I did not receive any answers :frowning:

I did a new clean install of Volumio 3.449 and for now Tidal Connect is working.