Important notice to all Volumio 2.xxx users, firmware update needed!

Um my system was working pretty well, and now AFTER this update it’s buggy, laggy, and got worse basically.

Reflashed the new release candidate and it’s super snappy now. Is it supposed to look exactly the same though?

Feedback for sparky: web radios still stop playing after a couple of minutes. Tidal connect is stable, no issues with playback from nas/dlna either. Nanosound CD and last.fm plugin are installed, latter doesn’t work with tidal connect anyway. Updated via ota from previous sparky build.

My system: Allo USBridge (sparky) with volumio, wired connection to my Asus router, fix ip, Pioneer U-05 dac connected via usb.

Log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/nMjG27W.html

Good afternoon! After the update, some radio station covers disappeared and there is also nothing instead of the standard screensaver. A modern optimization plugin for locally connected displays has been installed
Processing: 11.03.22.jpg…

Hi My setup is Pi4 with Allo Digione Signature, cable connected to LAN, coaxial output to SMSL SU9 DAC, out to powered Rokit 8 speakers. Pi came with Volumio factory installed which I updated to the latest version. This is not meant to underestimate the Volumio crew but on the contrary to provide feedback on issues that I encountered about a month ago that made me abandone Volumio and install Moode. Very unstable link to Spotify connect, frequent disconnects and on ocassion even impossible to play. Connecting to my external HDD to access my music files was virtually impossible, worked maybe twice in a couple of weeks. Connecting to internet radio was also a matter of chance. I think you guys are making a terrific effort to have a great system work for so many setups and options, but from my own experience and reading issued with other folks it seems you still have some work to do. I do feel bad to quit trying with Volumio for now, but I’ll keep an eye to see if issues are resolved, in fact I’ve kept the card with Volumio to give it a try some time in the future. Thanks for your efforts!

hey guys,

I’d bought a new SSD and it’s plugged into a Rpi4.
I’ve noticed if i come home after on all day, I seem to need a system restart as there is no sound. Is this normal and/or should you turn it off after every session? not the RPi4 and ssd stay on anyway.
I don’t think there are any hdd options to ‘stay awake’?

Otherwise it’s pretty good, looking forward to ver 3

Cheers,