Important notice to all Volumio 2.xxx users, firmware update needed!

Dear Volumioer,

Currently volumio users are experiencing issues with different streaming services, like Qobuz, Tidal, Webradios and Spotify. This issue is caused by an expired ca-certificate that provides encrypted communication over the internet.

This issue applies to all 2.xxx versions and is addressed in the latest version 2.915 (available as an update).

Please update your device as soon as possible by going to Settings → System → System Updates and press Check Updates.

By doing so, everything will be back to normal.

If you are still experiencing issues after the update then please comment in this thread in the community, or contact technical support for myVolumio users at Contact us · Volumio

We appologise for any inconvenience

12 Likes

Hi, I do not see any update when I click on Check for Updates… I’ve been having this issue since morning and was actually about to post it here.

Currently running 2.909 with Volumio Virtuoso subscription.
Tidal log in doesn’t work (but I can play over Tidal Connect) and Tidal doesn’t show in home screen. Also can’t play any Web radios

4 Likes

Please bear with us, we will push it to ota soon

Cheers!

Rolling out updates as we speak. Pi is out, other platforms will be out shortly (as soon as we check them)

3 Likes

Confirmed, it works! Feature suggest for those not on fora: push notifications within Volumio about critical updates.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Yes, you’re absolutely right. Good idea
The infrastructure is already there… So we are considering to make it happen :wink:

1 Like

Works, thanks for the quick patch

1 Like

The update bricked my device. Won’t boot. IP address is unreachable.

1 Like

Turning off and back on had no effect. Good news - I connected with an ethernet cable and it came back to life with the update installed. Disconnected the ethernet and the wi-fi connectivity was back to normal.

Thanks for getting on this. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks, Tidal disappear issue was solved for me.

1 Like

even that doesnt helped. Mine isnt found by the Fritsbox neither Wlan nor Lan. I send it next week back to the seller, they probably get it fixed. :frowning:

Thanks for the speedy response! Everything working now, but for some reason after the update nothing worked, streaming radio or music on my Synology NAS. I had to do a factory reset in the end to get it working.

Just updated volumio.
I’m still experiencing dropouts.
Wired Lan connection
TIDAL on Samsung S20 Fe.

Can you explain a bit better? Which DAC, which service etc

Hi. This issue is also present on Streambox S2 Ultra. My understanding is that you are responsible for the software there?

Please fix :wink:

Yes, Pro-Ject is our official OEM Partner (like many others such as MiniDSP) we are already in contact with them and building an update as we speak.
Our goal is to release an update for all OEM partners today

Hi,I also use ProJect Streambox s2 and streaming Radio Paradise works but Spotify and Qobuz say their services are now unavailable.

Sounds excellent, thanks for being so quick about this :smile: