Important notice to all Volumio 2.xxx users, firmware update needed!

Newest 2.915.

Hi guys!

Can’t select most of my artists anymore in Qobuz. Some are selectable, most not.

This happened suddenly. Worked in the beginning after installation.

In addition there is no alphabetic order anymore- thats annoying.

This happened months ago- very hard to search for artists without alphabetic order.

Qobuz works perfectly with usb audio player pro, also works perfectly with bubble upnp- but not with volumio.

Any hints to solve this problems?

The distro is almost unuseable in this condition.

Greetingz, Robert

Sorry to come back with the same question, but I missed the answer if there was any: any ETA on the sparky update? Thank you in advance.

Sparky Update has been released.

Also, another update for PI has been released (2.917). This fixes some of the issues that some people on wireless reported.

If you still have issues, its important for us to collect data to understand where the issue is.

So, if you have problems, do this.

1. Reply to this thread providing info about: your output device, your device, if you updated from previous version, which plugins you have installed, if you have manually installed plugins or made modifications.
  2. Send logs by following this guide: Sending logs for troubleshooting - Volumio Documentation
    and paste the log link here

We are working really hard to offer you the best experience possible with Volumio, and sometimes we need a little help to make it happen :wink:

2 Likes

You are running an old and unsupported VIM3L test version which is incomplete, cannot be updated and has been abandoned by Khadas a long time ago. We do not build images for VIM3L.

Thanks for your answer, I guess I’ll have to change the vim3l. I’m thinking of going with Allo digione, am I safe to assume this will continue to be supported, as I don’t want to have to change again in the future?

So that’s it, yes done that and I can connect to both of them. Thank you.

Just updated and have been unable to access my NAS for local music, web radio of any kind, or Radio Paradise through the plug-in. Spotify Connect worked during a brief test.

I was able to access web radio over http up until just a few days ago before I found and applied the update. Is wiping and starting fresh the current solution? Might be time to try the beta.

Running 2.917 on a Pi0W, last updated in July before today.

UPDATE: Just did a factory reset and I’m still getting certificate errors.

Still problem using newest build updated first to .15 and now .17. Using spotify connect through wireless and hangs after 30 sec to 1 min. And i canot reconect to volumio both via the app or via connect for a cuple off minutes.
Using raspberry pi 4 and external dac via usb 2.0.
Only spotify connect and philips hue plugins installed

Updated on pi 4 4G. but volumio no see usb

Not sure what the issue was but everything functions now. Wiping everything was inconvenient but it is noticeably snappier now.

My annual subscription is about to expire in a month. I will probably have to give up virtuozo.

I’ve had this issue. I’ll update and see.

Yes, same here, I’ll update next time I’m using

I did the update, and now Volumio can’t even find my device (miniDSP SHD) I have tried logging into Volumio from my PC and iPhone 12 and neither works. I get an Error message when trying to get in through the IP Address I have used in the past.

I even upgraded my Volumio account - for the native Qobuz access - just before this happened. Now I can’t use Volumio at all. Needless to say, I’ll cancel the upgrade if I can’t get this all resolved before the trial period for the upgraded service ends.

Help, please!

1 Like

Hi Bruce, to understand. Do you update Volumio on the Minidsp shd? or you have a separate Volumio running on Raspberry PI?

Even though we checked carefully the update before releasing, and it should not bring anything strange, we are seeing some users having troubles with the update. So the imperative here is to understand why and make sure it does not happen.

@Bruce_Eugene would you mind getting in touch with me via mail? I will take care of you
Please write at info at volumio dot org

For some reason, after I did the update, I found that the SHD was no longer being discovered on my network. After looking into my PC’s settings, I was able to get it connected again, and now everything seems to be working.

Hi all, I’ve got a Trial of the Voumio virtuoso, and works pretty well with my RPi4 and Tidal.
For some reason I can’t see Volumio in the output device when trying to play using Qobuz (also a trial but shoudn’t matter) for PC & Android App. I’ve updated the app, haven’t reflashed RPi4 (I only installed two days ago, volumio-2.917-2021-10-16.

Is this broken at the moment or doing something wrong? Still checking to see if any fixes on this page but want to make sure it works before buying either products. I also need to upgrade my DAC for MQA decoding so probably only use Tidal.

Thanks,

You will not see volumio as output in qobuz. This feature does not exist.
But you can with Tidal

Oh ok, thanks - looks like Tidal it is then. Just wondering what the point of QoBuz connect/support is then - just for desktop player?

My current DAC + chromecast audio can only stream to 96kHz using QoBuz (Tidal is 44.1 or 48kHz).
Decided to retire the Chromecast audio as no gapless or MQA support.

Thanks,

Probably aware of it, but the volume display doesn’t show up when you adjust with phone vol buttons (it works, just doesn’t show up unless hit the vol icon first) :slight_smile: