HiFIBerry Digi+ Pro and Allo DigiOne Volumio special Version

I do not see why adding another reclocker (if it even works) brings anything as the Digi+ Pro will reclock again.

So on your setup, the I2S sounds better than using the coaxial SPDIF. Nice :slight_smile:

Is it? Your image shows it is available on pin 2?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I mean you can connect him to pin 2 but the signal is missing.

For example, if I use a long UTP cable (one meter) and I use pin two, no sound is output but if I do not connect pin 2, the sound will work.

See link a post on a Dutch hifi forum where it was indicated that the MCLK signal is missing.

Maybe that’s a problem with the dac audio GD dac i do experience that at least

htforum.nl/yabbse/index.php?topic=146913.675

According to this page from Audio-gd, ES9018 does not require MCLK, which should be your DAC chip.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/diy/I2Skits/I2SEN.htm

This might explain why you need to disconnect MCLK. Though I am not sure, I thought PIN2 of Digi+ Pro should output MCLK well.

I think you’re right and that mclk is not necessary with the audio gd (2015) dac.
Now I also understand why I have these strange problems.

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased the raspberry pi 3 + hifiberry digi+ pro, it came as an assembled package with an 8gb micro-sd with volumio installed and I’ve bought it because i’m not really tech-savy and was told that this would be plug and play, turns out, the store hadn’t tested this setup and the standard volumio image they’ve installed does not work with digi+ pro dac. I’ve flashed the microSD with this custom image and I’ve followed the instructions on page 1 (selected Hifiberry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 as output device and I2S dac off).

So far I’ve not managed to get audio from the using an spdif cable, i’ve connected the device to a Marantz PM6006 optical in, my TVis connected to the other optical port. Are there any additional settings I have to change or am I missing something else? at the moment I don’t have a coax cable to check the other output.

When i select audio jack, I am able to get sound of course but this way I believe I bypass the supposedly magnificent hifiberry dac+ pro (at least I hope since the audio is not that great!).

Is there anyone who can give me some tips to get this to work?

thanks in advance!

I have also flashed the software for the hifiberry digi + pro today and works right now. You do not need to use the special version you can flash the regular version, it also works with the digi + pro.

link regular version: volumio.org/get-started

Thank you for the quick reply but its suddenly working properly now, I realised that it could have been caused by the power supply not providing enough juice so I removed it to write down it’s specs (5.2v/3A) and replugged it, half an hour later I decided to try one last time and it works, could not be happier at the moment!

I do have another question, how do I shut down the pi when i’m not using it, using the web interface and clicking shut down? if that is the case, how does it turn back on again? I don’t dare turning it of right now as I’m afraid it might not work when i restart it? Am I being paranoid?

Nice that it works but I still suggest flashing the regular version because of the updates you do not get with the special version.

And indeed you can turn off the raspberry pi in the web interface by clicking shut down and once it’s off, just plug it out and plug it in again and then the pi will start up again, Keep in mind that it may take a minute or two before the raspberry pie is fully started up with volumio.

And 5 volts / 3 amp is enough to boot the raspberry.

I have been searching for the type of audio GD NFB-1 2015 dac because the noise did not stop me and I found out that there are several connections for the ES9018 sabre mclk signal in my case I have to master Clock signal connect and other NFB-1 2015 dacs not.
So there’s a difference in NFB-1 2015 dacs.
In my case I made the rj45 cable even shorter and the mclk signal again connected to the audio gd NFB-1 dac and now it sounds excellent.
I’m very happy with the noise that comes from my speakers now :smiley:

audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/NFB1201 … EN_Use.htm

audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/I2SdefinitionEN.htm

I’m using an Allo DigiOne board with 2.246. It works fine mostly - am I supposed to be using the “special” version?

The problem I’m having is that if I pause the music for while or music stops and I leave the RPi 3 untouched for a few minutes it either hangs, sleeps or shuts down - I get the screen with the revolving dots.

Am I doing something wrong?

I2S DAC is selected. Mixer type is NONE.

Hi, guys!

Just bought Hifiberry Digi + pro and set up last official volumio and it works. Do I miss something? There are some bugs there, but nothing critical, so i like the way the things going.
Can that special version influence the sound quality? Should I try this version?

Thanks)

No need to try the special version :slight_smile:

It was just temporary there before the current releases that contain the right kernel version.

(For SQ improvement, look at powering option for your board :slight_smile: )

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk