Experimental Volumio Build for Raspberry PI 4

Hi Esandov

For the Dirty side (powering the PI) I’m using a standard PI3 PSU with adaptor.

For the Clean Side a 6V MCRU (Longdog Audio) regulated supply.

No dropouts at all this end.

Is the SSD self powered or on a hub (just to be sure)?

I’m having no problems with the 2.5A PI supply so maybe the SSD is pulling to much power for the PI 4 + SSD.

Just a thought.

Hi guys.
Please tell me. How i can buy display for RPi 4 (volumio with plugin touch display)?

RPI4 is running since three days without any issue (including Allo Boss and LCD Touchscreen).

Thanks!

I do believe the current version of volumio works with the pi4. Your problem will be you have to do a fresh install as the experimental version will not update to the current version.

Ahh

That makes sense.

thanks Keith

Hi Keith

Tried the latest stable image and with CD still no artwork or track details in playback but it otherwise works well as does the volume control.

I also tried nanosound and have full track details and artwork in playback but it’s volume control is broken.

I have a Chord 2Qute direct to active speakers so need the volume control.

artwork not a deal breaker.

so no worries.

thanks again

Good job! It works perfectly on my 4G Pi4 board with Hifiberry DAC+!
However, the default size (256M) of overlay partition seems not big enough for installing some plugins. It’d better to resize to 1G at least (it became to 736M after I installed the 7’’ touch screen plugin).
Thanks again for all your great work!

I’ve got a Pi 4 (4gb), running with a HiFiBerry Digi+ on the latest Volumio public release, (2.599). Working good, no problem with Spotify.

Only issue is certain radio stations (regardless of radio player,) will give TLS non-properly terminated error message. Radiostation WNCW for example gives this error almost every time.

Hi guys. I’m trying to use Volumio’s experimental build on RPi4 with Pi2Design PI2AES HAT, but can’t make it to work. I tried several different I2S options from the dropdown menu.

With Moode 6.10 it works by selecting the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro option, but in Volumio it doesn’t work. I get an “Failed to open ALSA device” error. It would be nice if you have some suggestions or possibly fix the issue with the PI2AES HAT when you have the time. Thank you.

Here is some additional feedback:

• It works with the Yggdrasil A2 USB Gen5 DAC if connected directly to the RPi4 board through USB.
  • The Volumio Wireless Hotspot seems to work fine - I have connected to it using my PC and have browsed the Volumio interface successfully.

Hi all.
This rpi4 build of volumio has been great. All except for the plugin for Kodi Krypton.
When is loads i just get a black screen.
Is there anything i can change somewhere for it to display at all?

Thanks

Hi guys, this special build is no longer necessary. Volumio supports PI4 from official builds

Thanks for the answer!

I can confirm that Pi2Design PI2AES is supported and works perfectly with Volumio’s current official version (2.619) on RPi4. Just turn on the I2S DAC option and choose HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro.

Volumio VERSION: 2.632 works great on RPI4. Just i coudn’t make KODI plugin working. I made several try with no results.
I could’t fine any info through the web nor any advice.
Is Kodi plugin not compatinle with Rasberry PI 4?
Anyone has experiences or advices to install Volumio on a Rasbian RPI (with KODI) or install KODI on a Volumio RPI4 environment?
Thanks in advance
Giacomo

Hi Giacomo,

Kodi for Rpi is only compiled against Debian Buster and Volumio uses Debian Jessie (two major earlier). So unless you compile Kodi and it’s dependencies yourself you won’t be able to install Kodi I’m afraid.

Hello Saiyato,
I see. Many thanks for your reply.
I won’t be able to do this :wink: I’ll keep using RPI3.
Volumio integrated with Kodi is the “perfect machine”!
Many many thanks for your work and efforts on current kodi plugin.
Giacomo

Hi.
Has anyone got any pointers as to how to compile the latest Kodi into a volumio plugin?
I would love to have a go, then when it works release it for you guys?
Kodi 18.4 Leia is available through LibreElec and works really well on my RPI4.
What is the method for making it a plugin for Volumio?
Or… Can they be installed side by side?

Thanks

given the heating issues… I really don’t see why anyone would stack a DAC hat onto the rPI 4… let alone in a case with both of the boards heating up… could anyone share their setup that helps deal with the heating issues?

RPI4 with CPU fan (berrybase.de/raspberry-pi-c … spberry-pi) and Boss DAC. No temperature problems at all.

RPI is running for hours:
vcgencmd measure_temp
temp=48.0’C

I used an old laptop fan (cochlea model) and it does not get higher than 42 degrees and use it in combination with the Kali reclocker and allo piano 2.1

ebay.com/itm/50mm-USB-Blowe … 2129262108

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.1 met Tapatalk

Hello everyone,
First of all, thank you very much for all your hard work! I was wondering has anybody tried and got any issues RPI4 Volumio release with Allo Kali Reclocker and Allo Piano 2.1 setup? Cheers!