Display for raspberry pi 4

I had been looking at the solder wire 1.0mm i have marked on Amazon.com but i also see the percentage on Flux like on this here which i have marked to buy has 2% flux. So what is a good percentage of flux when working on a Pi or the add on board.

2% in the solder is normal for a better flow but next to that if you have to reflow it you need again flux

these guys explain there work very well.

here a install of header pins ( like what you can do on your board )

So, all i have to do see what wire size i need is to see if the wire would go through the holes on the pi if order to get the right size. and plus,
I been looking at the solder wire on Amazon.com which i shop there most of the time and now they have %percentage of flux in them, so what would be a great or good flux % in the wire.

i always like small soldering wire better controle over how mutch you put on it that’s why i said 1mm thickness but you can do it to with the other ( radio shack role )
my advice is to first do one hole and see if it all good in place and after check do the rest.
most of them have between 2% - 3% flux inside the core …

What is did and heard it in a video is to push the wire through the holes on the board to see if the wire will go through the hole. So i tried the RadioShack roll and the wire was a hair to thick to go through the hole and the other wire type that i bought at Walmart is Hyper tough https://www.amazon.com/Solder-Diameter-Storage-Welding-Soldering/dp/B01N0VNNKO/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=hyper%2Btough%2Brosin%2Bcore%2Bsolder&qid=1623812149&sr=8-13&th=1 and i ran the end of the wire through one of the holes on the board and it went through fine. One thing, when i bought the Hyper tough Rosin core solder wire and got hole with it, i started looking on the back and it don’t say anything on how thick-thing or anything about the wire.

1 Like

0.031in × 25.4 = 0.7874mm is the thickness, its 0,8mm but how mutch flux i can’t find

1 Like

What would be the size of the pins on the Pi or gpio headers.
I thought on getting this, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VLLF8FM/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A2HJTKSF65XZOC&psc=1 it 1.0mm 60/40 50g which that is the lowest g that i can get.

1 Like

normal header pins should work…

just take your time. after it you can stack them 2 getter.

Can u cut or snap them into if u need only 12pins.

Is this here 1.0mm wire with 2% flux work.
Is it true to know if the wire size that go though the hole of the board is good. I seen a video that if the wire do poke through the holes it is the right size to use

i would say do all 40 pins if you want to change something in your setup you can.
it’s a eazy way to remind it you could do it with thicker too but you have to use less,
less is more no balls of solder that would be a cold solder it has to flow in a cone shape.
i do it already for many years …small tip works good.

so first do 1 pin and look if all is nice and flush to the board, if so you can go on with the rest of the pins.
if you have done more then 1 pin it’s not eazy to correct your placement so beware of that.
and always heat the pin and pad together.

I think i got the wire down, solder wick but what is a good soldering iron for electronics use like for raspberry’s and add on.

how mutch do you want to spend on the cheap i would look in market places you can buy them cheap
small tip 15 w weller does the job. i see them here around 5 bucks on marktplaats …(second hand )
if you want later you could think about a station if you use it a lot…

Ok, I read that some heats up to around 356-896℉ or so.
For soldering on boards like raspberry pi or HiFi Berry what what would be a good temperature range for that sort of project.

if you use it like a pro you would buy a station but this will do the job too.

i started with a simple one if your do it for your work it’s better to buy a good station

for a station you pref. 300 - 400 c / 356-896f you will set it around 320c

In Fahrenheit, what temperature would u set the soldering iron at when soldering on a circuit board.

What is a good watt for a soldering iron for circuit boards.

1 Like

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.html
320°C×9/5+32
= 608°F

I figured that F-C calculation on the last post u put
(for a station you pref. 300 - 400 c / 356-896f you will set it around 320c)
SO i need to get the iron heat to 608F. so what soldering iron wattage to look for.

no a iron just heats up and can’t set it , a station you can set to a temp
both ways work…

O here is one that i came across https://www.amazon.com/Soldering-Interchangeable-Adjustable-Temperature-Enthusiast/dp/B087767KNW/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=soldering+iron+608f&qid=1623912319&refinements=p_n_condition-type%3A6358196011&rnid=6358194011&s=hi&sr=1-2 tells that it adjustable temperatures(392 ℉-842 ℉

i read no chinees so how do you set it?