[Closed] Volumio 2.0 Final Release is near - Pre-test needed

Yes since it’s a test release I did not make a changelog (lazyness)
Back to plugin is an error in translation, thanks for pointing it out, I will fix it! (it should be download speed…)

Fixed here: github.com/volumio/Volumio2-UI/ … f7eb0c19f9

thanks!

Just want to say thank you guys for the precious feedbacks and testing. Also thanks to everyone involved in the development, communication, testing, translations etc.

We’re doing something fantastic together!

Ok! I ll stick to the previous version then. :nerd:

Added to build script, you’ll find them included in next version
github.com/volumio/Build/commit … c4da824616

v 1.003
There are no entries now on Mixer Type and Mixer Control Name and the boxes just disappear completely when clicking on them.
volumio.jpg

Hello
first : well done and thanks for the great job, this is impressing (this new version), there is really a “waouh” effect when you see the 1st page …
second : first feedbacks (of what is not perfect yet)
configuration : RPI 3 , version 1.001 06-10-2016 directly installed on a 32 gb sd card
plugin menu
1/ installation failed for spotify
a- tried to install “spotify”
b- installation process stuck at 70%, “installation dependencies” (see picture)
c- clicked on another menu then back to plugin : the plugin seemed installed but inactive, and the “on/off” button does not appear “nicely” (see picture)
d- had to reboot (for another reason), back to plugin menu : spotify plugin not installed anymore

2/ question
the hdmi output to see on a screen all the verbose actions and eventually do some command line actions, is not possible anymore ?

eric
volumio1.png
volumio2.png

If I set static IP address, System update(Check update) does not work.
v1.003 and below.

I can confirm this. RPi 1 with HifiBerry DAC (no plus or pro). Volume cannot be changed or muted.

I’m not sure if this is related:

[ 11.500646] snd-hifiberry-dac soc:sound: ASoC: CPU DAI (null) not registered [ 11.509579] snd-hifiberry-dac soc:sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517 [ 11.684496] snd-hifiberry-dac soc:sound: pcm5102a-hifi <-> 20203000.i2s mapping ok

Just updated to 1.003 - problem with labels and appearance settings still exists.

Everything works fine until i change the background to a solid colour. Then labels get a bit messy and the appearance options tab is broken.

not a urgent problem, just wanted you to know
labels.PNG
menu.PNG
volumio.PNG

Thanks!

I have a bug for some time now on my side, If I listen to a webradio and I wanna change it it doesn’t work and I loose access to my library.

It all comes back after a reboot…

Great solution, thanks!
But insted of use the package for linux kernel 4.4.9, why you not use this link? “https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80256631/install-wifi.tar.gz
This script dowload and install the correct driver version for the current kernel. If in a near future volumio use another kernel version, this script will download the proper version

Upgraded from official release to 1.01 using built-in upgrader.

• Spotify stopped working.
  • Webradio added through the GUI do not work (bug existed in official release, I saw a discussion of a fix on github). These radios work fine if started from command line.

AR

@gogeta, there is some discussion going-on about TL-WN725N driver in there: interested by your experience and feedback. Will probably easier to follow-up there.
Thanks.

@gogeta : we can’t use that script because we’re in a q-emu environment, therefore the kernel is not loaded and the script will not work. Unfortunately we need to update the link manually

@alain40: spotify will not work with new release, unless we upload the updated plugin (we’ll do that when we release the latest version officially, if not we’ll break spotify for all other people…)

About Spotify plugin:
On 1.003, it seems one can’t disable the plugin with UI, nor uninstall it!..
(fun stuff, spotify items that still were in my queue list still work!..)

Yes, you can still see the items in queue. The plugin is fully functional, except you can’t see items in browse.

Further work here:
-Fixed my webradios

• Fixed backgrounds
  • Hopefully finished software volume

@michelangelo:

• Spotify plugin, understood.
  • Using mamboberry LS DAC+, no volume control.

Thank you for an awesome product.

AR

The software volume is a truly challenging part… It’s almost one month I’m working on it, and I was still not able to make it work the way I want it to work… That’s the only issue preventing us to have 2.0

At least, this is what I think, if you find other bugs please let us know and we’ll fix em!

I’m on 1.003

The Random mode within a queue of music, Clicking Next track selects a random track from the whole list :slight_smile:, but will playing it only selects a random track from the Album\Artist