[Closed] Volumio 2.0 Final Release is near - Pre-test needed

Hello!

I have just installed newest version of Volume 2 and noticed three bugs on UI. Both in “playback options” menu and they both appear on my mac and iPhone. I use Safari as a browser. Device is Raspberry Pi 1 model B with DAC Sound Blaster X-Fi (SB1090). I have updated by mistake from “official” Volumio 2 v. 0.995 to 0.997 (I guess) and then to current dev version - 1.005.
Maybe something went wrong because there was no change of version number on ‘system’ page until I rebooted my Pi. I waited about 15-20 minutes before doing that.

1. This bug concerns all drop-downs. When you expand a field and a drop-down appears try to scroll the page. DD stays in fixed position and the rest of page moves normally. DD should move with the rest of the interface.
    bug1.png
  2. Under “Playback Options” section in “playback options” menu there is a switch that does not display properly. It is located next to a label that says “VALUE NOT FOUND BETWEEN SELECT OPTIONS!”. Two things: a) totally not understandable label, b) bug with displaying that switch (I can’t even know for sure what is default setting for that one.
    bug2.png
  3. Under “Volume Options” section the two first drop-down buttons (Mixer Type and Mixer Control Name) are empty for me. When I click on them they disappear instead of showing something (even a drop-down with no entries). They appear again when I click on any other field.
    bug3.png
  4. Webradio responsiveness is not good enough on my Pi, maybe it is it’s fault. I have problems with play/pause, I can’t adjust volume at all and I have no ability to stop playing when I remove (all) radios from queue. In my opinion it should automatically stop playing when radio has been removed from queue. I don’t use webradio (nearly) at all, do it is not a problem for me. I just wanted to test it because I found that there are a lot of radio stations built in - which is really great feature!

Anyways thanks for a great software! I am so happy to have Volumio 2 on my Pi :smiley: AirPlay works really fast and flawless for me and thats a huge plus.

PS Do you plan to write some kind of documentation for Volumio 2? I mean some web manual or wiki that will explain how certain options behave, what they do and what are recommendations for their usage. For me personally not all of them are clear and I am not sure which of them will apply to AirPlay streaming too.

With the latest Release, the response while navigating through the Music Library on Android Devices is going more to the slow side again.

With the previous Release, suddenly the UI was disconnected from the Player. The Music was playing on, the UI was usable, but no Action from the UI was send to the Player. Also no Info, what Title was yet played or Action to the Controls. You could create new playlists but nothing happened if you tried to play them. The old playlist was playing on. In the System Menu, a reboot or shutdown didn’t work. I had to reboot via SSH Login.

Maybe i miss it, but is there a way to refresh only a Folder of the Music Library like it was in Volumio 1.5? Refreshing the whole Library for only one new content in a Folder or Subfolder is a little bit Overkill.

Now on 1.005

• volume control with mambobery ls DAC: not working
  • user added radio stations: not starting although toaster says that they are
  • play/pause slow response on my raspberry pi 3
  • noticeable refresh lag for preference pages

I have just spotted another bug, but this one is definitely not critical one. AirPlay name can be case-sentensive but after some time all characters become lowercase.
So i.e. when I set player name as “GoodTunes” it becomes “goodtunes” after some longer time (hours). It is not caused by reboot.

And one more thing connected to this. When name “GoodTunes” is set it is being displayed like that on UI. But after some time when AirPlay changes name to “good tunes” it is displayed on UI as “Goodtunes”. It is not consistent.

This is another bug I’m fighting since long time… The latest shairport-sync versions conflict with our naming system, which exposes the device name as a mdns entry… So shairport-sync mdns backend somehow disturbs a lot Volumio’s mdns backend…
To fix that, the best way I found was to change shairport name’s (to lower case) when such conflict was happening, I thought a lowercase name would be more acceptable than a blocked system…

I really hope to find a definitive fix in the future…

Ok. I started to guess that it might be somehow caused by reconnecting to network or by IP address lease. I thought so because UPnP address changed from “GoodTunes” to “Goodtunes” after reconnecting to my router (from Volumio side).

I’m not a programmer (too weak skills to say so), so I can’t help much and find myself more details. I would be more than happy if I could help and by that give some contribution to project :slight_smile: Good luck!

Do you think we should also introduce the unit for the download speed. If you point me to the right section of code (I couldn’t find the updater_plugin), I can try to fix it.

That’s done in the volumio updater binary, we’ll do that! Thanks for reporting!

Michelangelo you are my new favorite hero! Since the latest update 1.007, volume control is working!

Ahahaha… It took lot of time, but I’m happy that it works good !!!

PS: I think in few hours we’ll have the stable Volumio 2!

Hello Michelangelo,

Thank you for an awesome job.
Software mixer was just what I was missing.
But as of The big update The spotify plugin doesn’t work anymore. I can browse but it won’t play.

Maybe something to do with software mixer?

Many thanks

Perhaps your problem is referred also to mine? If I’m listening to a Spotify track (the plugin works on mine: Rasp2&HifiberryAmp), and then try to listen a radio station, it doesn´t work: I refresh it but, though the title is updated (I can see the radiostation after refreshing each time)… there is no sound.
However, the opposite (going from an Internet radiostation-to-Spotify) works.

By the way, finally the volume control works properly (at least, in my case). Congratulations: good work!
P.s.: well, not properly… from my pc, it works fine only if I click within the volume circle. If I try it from speaker icons (-/+), it only works once.

Thanks! Two clues for two new bugs… you restless tester eheheh

Hi there, don’t mean to disrupt your nightrest, but there seems to be something going on with the software mixer after reboot.

At first I thought it worked but after a reboot I noticed I couldn’t change volum anymore.
and the only thing to get it working is set mixer type to none and save it, then revert it back to software and save it.
and then it seems to take a while before I can play anything.

I’m using a raspb 3 with a i2s sabre dac (cheapest one I could find) and with generic i2s settings it worked in previous versions.

thanks

System settings: Startup sound: selected “OFF” (and rebooted) but… still sounding at the start (again RPi-2&HFBerryAmp).

Now, after rebooting twice I can go from Spotify tracks to internet radio and viceversa with no problems… Good.

Wel thuis morning spotify plugin seems tot worm after a short test with a reboot. I stille have tot disable enable software mixer to het volume working

I meant this morning it seems to work
( damn Dutch spell checker)

On my work rpi 2with hifimediy USB dac i can’t select software mixer… Strange…

I want to say you’re all doing a great job creating Volumio 2! :slight_smile:

I don’t understand why it isn’t working with me. Ik can’t login to the hotspot. What is the password?

The socket for my laptop vanishes as soon as I try to browse to the IP of Volumio.

Thanks!
AP.

Password is ‘volumio2’. Here is the User Guide click!).
I have problem with accessing web UI using hotspot through my laptop (probably because it can’t get IP from Volumio) and I can’t view UI using either IP or domain (192.168.211.1 and volumio.local), though it works using my phone so you can give it a try :wink: