Allo DIgiOne review

Will do! Thanks Allo!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi Allo,

It seems like when I power down the DAC alone, count to 10, and then turn back on, the sound is also gone. So the problem happens when I power down my DAC or AMP, in in no particular order.

Would be nice if anyone else can verify this with the DigiOne and their DACs and AMPs.

Kind regards,
Wietsche

Hi,

yes the grounding on the DAC is the same as your amp . Anyway it was worth a try.

The only solution that I can see , is to power the DigiOne clocks independently . Can you solder ?

I m interested in that… can you provide info?
Thks

Whats needed is to desolder the DC/DC convertor and power it directly from the output pins of DC/DC…

Should I ask the team to make a doc ?

Alternatively I am thinking to provide units with the DC/DC removed …

What do you guys think.

Hi Wietsche

so far we have about 5 reports in over 1000 units sold . Yours , Pistollero and 3 more. (one that was solved by changing the PSU)

Yes, I can solder, but that would surely void the warranty…? It would not want to compromise on that.

I am sure a documented guide to do this modification would be really helpful and also help avoiding damaging the DigiOne accidentally by someone who has the guts or do not care about the warranty.

If you supply modified units, what would that do to the sound quality of the current DigiOne?

Yes [emoji3] a doc please … i want to power with my own ps.

Ok , we will have a doc on Tuesday. There is a big holiday in India , Diwali and everyone is off until Monday.

Many thks and happy holiday

I will advise you on Monday. I am not worried about warranty but I am worried about how hard/easy it is.
In the end we want our customers to have the best experience with allo products.
As far as last questions…impossible to say, but with a good PSU you should be equal at least. However main goal is to remove the ground noises coupling into the system…

Have been listening to the Digione player through an Arcam rDac and comparing to the usb input from a MacBook Pro and iPad(usb camera connector and flacplayer app- supports 96/24). After 2 weeks the Digione stands out with greater clarity and spatial separation , bass is better defined, as are vocals and top end… The usb input was good with the iPad , a cleaner source than the Mac, but the Digione is better. I would like to compare again with a reclocker/purifier on the usb input (Schiit Wyrd or Ipurifier 2) as the audible difference between iPad and MacBook suggests that source quality is important.

Leave that schiit on.

Not an option with lightning storms in my area… a direct hit to the house has happened before. Not taking chances here. Do you know how bad burned Schiit smells?? Besides, plugging in a laptop charger to the same outlet also kills the music. Any sort of dip or spike in power line is the culprit.

Bit busy at work, have not yet tried the suggested mods by Allo to rectify the problem. Looking forward to it, and will provide feedback.

Hi!

I have posted a review on the Allo DigiOne and Allo Boss on my local AV forum here in South Africa. If you are interested, head over to:
avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,68134.0.html

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thx you very much for the nice review :slight_smile:

Enjoy your system.

Will the Allo Digione work on an Asus Tinkerboard?

No, but I would really like to make it happen…

The power supply that comes with the Digione player can be a problem depending upon configuration. When plugged into an outlet on a separate circuit to the DAC no problem, however, when on the same power strip (Tripp-Lite isobar 2 - with power filter) as the DAC wall wart sound quality is greatly diminished, flat and smeared. Move it back to the other circuit and everything is fine again. Also with both power supplies on the same AC there were a significant number of dropouts or pauses in playback. Concerns with the standard Allo power supply has been commented on before in the review of the Digione by Hans Beekhuyzen (youtube.com/watch?v=8Iey5yKd-p4 approx 5:15 minutes into playback). I am going to switch to the iFi iPower 5V supply (ultra low noise switch mode supply with filtration on input&output) and see what effect this has on my setup.

Hi Chris

both allo and IFI poower supply are SMPS (switching psus) that will pollute the AC (mains) . Just my 2 cents